r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eastern U.S. Roundup 2010 Friday Potluck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bachelor-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:50pm
there is just me and my dog.Iwill bring a desert like pie .My dog bandit said she will bring dog treats for the dogsTongue
bachelor-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bachelor-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:01am
[QUOTE=bachelor-pod]there is just me and my dog.Iwill bring a desert like pie .anything else we need i can drive into town and get.like ice,hot dogs ,hamburger,ect. ect.Tongue
Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:42am
Thanks for the offer.  At this point, don't think that will be necessary.  Everyone is going to bring a dish to pass, including main dishes.  They are also bringing their own drinks, plates, napkins, silverware, etc.   On the "Eastern US Roundup: Information Only" thread there is a chart showing what everyone is bringing.  Can't wait to meet Bandit as we had a dog named Bandit awhile back.
Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 4:17pm
Are there any vegetarians coming to the rally?  I make some nice vegetarian dishes.  We eat meat ourselves but not that much.  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

cybspod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybspod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:27pm

<----- vegetarian here

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:35am
Another idea here.....an easy and delicious main dish...BBQ dump.  Make 1# BBQ and bring it along.  Mix all together in a large container.  You'll never taste BBQ like that again.  Bring 1 pkg of buns.  Serves many.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
taberella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taberella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:07am
Yizit: we used to do a BBQ dump or a Chili dump the first night of boy scout campouts. It was always fun and so good -- and it was alway funny when somebody wanted the recipe because it was the best they had ever eaten! We always had a "dump master" whose job it was to gather the contributions and put them in a large pot over the fire to heat and simmer the flavors. T@berella
T@BERELLA
Sister to TinkeRPod
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:17am
cybspod:  I'll make a vegetarian main dish so we all don't overdose on animal flesh.  Do you like vegetarian chili?  Quinoa?  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:25am
Well...I was thinking about adding my Beef-Spanish Rice Meal to the mix. 

However, I also have a very very good vegetarian chili recipe that contains bulgur.  For those of you that don't know what bulgur is, it is a grain product that has a consistancy of ground beef.  I have made the vegetarian chili recipe and have people swear there must be meat in it.

I could make the vegetarian chili...

I was wondering it we had people with any special diets.  I guess we should have asked that. 
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:26am
LOL

sylvie...looks like we were typing at the same time!

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic