r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rincon Parkway-Ventura, CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rincon Parkway-Ventura, CA
    Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 7:18pm
We spent last Thur through Sat at the Rincon Parkway. Funny, but even tho it's only abour 15 minutes from home, we felt like we were "away". Now we know why RV'ers rave about it. You're basically right smack on the ocean, and the "sites" are in one single south facing line.

There were quite a few brown pelicans, but mostly when my camera was not at the ready! Here's a quick shot of one.

And the sunsets were wonderful....

We'll definitely go back...

Diane
Happy 177 owner! (along with VenturaTom)

"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance"   Japanese Proverb
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 8:00pm

WOW!  That sunset picture is wonderful.  I really think the Pod looks great there.

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:54am
Tongue  Very nice!  I just wish we lived near our Pod so we could take it out more often.  sigh.

It's what, maybe 1500 miles away?  Unhappy
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:07am
I've never seen anything like that before.  I googled the place and see it's beautiful. 

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:07pm
Di
That camp site is wonderful.  I googled it and was amazed.  Rick and I will have to plan a trip to your area soon.  Did you have any snow?  They said on the news that it was snowing near you.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
VenturaDi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaDi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:03pm
Yes, it's quite beautiful!   People were friendly just like at a "regular" campground.  And, finally, our Poddie got lots of attention! The ranger took a tour, and several folks on bikes riding by stopped to comment and ask about it.   Smile
Most of the sites have fire pits made from rocks...

Made for a great campfire!

Rosemary, we had about 1.5" of rain here (we're only about 9 miles from the ocean), with some snow in the local mountains so we're good.

But if any of you ever do make it out here to the Rincon, let us know so we can meet up with you!Handshake

Diane
Happy 177 owner! (along with VenturaTom)

"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance"   Japanese Proverb
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:21pm
Di that would be so much fun.  It will have to be in 2011 since we have a full slate in 2010.  : )
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic