r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying an R-pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboyspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:47pm
Anybody know where R-Pods are manufactured?  I know with other RVs you can sometimes get a better price by going directly to the factory, but the only information I've found is that these are manufactured in California, which is half a continent away :)
joe&carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe&carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:58pm
If these are manufactured in California, that will most likely be news to a lot of us.  You might try looking for a factory in Indiana, however.  Seriously, I haven't heard of anyone buying an R-Pod from the factory direct. You might go online and look for the dealer's that populate the top of the screen.  There will be one dealer in Hamilton, Ohio who has probably sole more units than all the rest combined.  Good luck.  JoeSmile
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by cowboyspencer cowboyspencer wrote:

Thanks for the tips. 

I'm guessing you could have axle risers done after-market as well?  I'm not sure where the factory is :)  Also, in terms of maintenance, I was thinking mostly of washing/waxing etc.  Do you keep yours covered or under cover?

I like the Coachman Shasta too, but I don't think there's any way I can do an all-electric! 

Just thought of another question:  to cut down on cost, we could forgo the microwave/convection oven.  Is there a good place to plug in a standard microwave where the installed one would go?

The axle risers can be installed by you if you are mechanically inclined.  Someone on the forum has posted his experience installing them himself.  Do a search for axle risers and you should find it.
The factory is in Goshen, IN. 
We don't have ours covered but next year we will have.

There is an electric plug installed near the microwave/convection oven so you can use it if you get an aftermarket unit. 
Again, there is someone on the forum that chose to Not get the factory unit so if they see this they could answer your question with finality.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Sandpiper Sandpiper wrote:

OutboundWhile I was getting my feeble mind to work my slow fingers, two people posted ahead of me.  An old, slow guy doesn't have a chance around here.

Tell us something new Sand-Man !!!
cowboyspencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboyspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:32pm
Ok, so my wife has given me the go-ahead to contact the 5 dealers near me.  I'm going to pop a number on them, and basically say "This is what I can pay - if you can meet it, I'll be there to pick it up this weekend.  If not, thanks all the same."  Pretty sure I'm not going to get it, but I guess stranger things have happened.  No info on profit margins or dealer cost for any of the R-Pods, right?  I haven't found any.
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:34pm
Hey, I loved the Shasta, all electric or not.  But that's another story.   Wink

We have had no problems to date with our Pod. Let's hope it stays that way.  Storage? I don't know what you are used to but I have yet to fill up the storage spaces on my pod.  It seems MORE than adequate to me.  That's with nothing stored in the tow vehicle either.  Am I crazy?  Wait! 
Don't answer that.  Embarrassed

Good luck on pricing.  I hope you find a deal you can live with.  Keep in touch and if all goes well you'll get your Pod and meet us in Kentucky!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboyspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:40pm
You got an R-Pod in Costa Rica? :)  I was down there about a year ago - amazing country, didn't want to leave!
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:57pm
They park it in Florida !!!
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:31am
Tongue Yep, our little Pod lives in Florida.  We get there when we can.  I came to Costa Rica on a vacation with our daughter and fell in love.  Six months later we were living here.  Been six years now and we still like it.
Thumbs Up

In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboyspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:34am
What part of the country you live in?  We were in Guanacaste last year, staying in Tambor.  Would like to get over to Tamarindo and do some real surfing next time :)

Btw all, I got at least one price quote that might be workable - so I might get my wish after all :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic