r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

How do you start or get twitter.  I heard on the news today that more and more agencies are using it for news information.  (i.e. Tornado or bad weather areas).

Twitter?  Its easy.  Just go to twitter.com and sign-up for an account.  You then have to find and follow those who you're interested in.

If you have a smartphone (like an iPhone or Blackberry), there are some nice apps available for receiving/sending tweets.  If not, you can have twitter send an SMS (text message) to your phone  when one of the people you're following tweets; actually, you can select just a subset of people, to keep the number of messages down...  Just make sure that you have a plan that allows for a large number of incoming SMS messages.  You can also update your own twitter from a 'basic' mobile phone by sending a text message to a special number.

Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
mdhaem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdhaem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:02pm
Hi! I created a Twitter list, @rpod. Just to a search on @rpoc  to see all who have twittered. To tweet to this list just include @rpod in your tweet.

One question, can the existence of this Twitter list with instructions on how to use get announced to all the wiki members?

Thanks, 
Mike
Sandy & Mike
RP175
mdhaem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdhaem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:16am
To get a Twitter account just go to twitter.com and sign up for an account. Its free and accessible from any computer connected to the internet, or your iPhone, iPod, iPad, or Android phone. Its a great way to communicate. Check out the @rpod Twitter list. Its just me now, but am hope to generate interest so our community can keep in touch realtime.

Mike
Sandy & Mike
RP175
Thelma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thelma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 1:57pm
Whats the facebook name page anyway? I hate using twitter.
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 2:19pm
R-Pod Owners
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:54am
This should get you there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/56931970807/
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:10am
You sure that @RPOD is for the R-Pod travel trailer?  I'm not having any luck finding this, as it relates to the trailer.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 7:20am
Anyone?
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

nihaoqq111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nihaoqq111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 4:51am

This was spam

I am still on the list as moderator.  I got an email from another forum member.  So, I have suspended this poster and deleted the post.

~Pie_pod (anyone remember me?)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic