r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RVer or Camper?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okiepoders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:34pm
After tent camping last year in wyoming for 1 night we decided we were tired of it
and wanted to get some type of travel trailer that was light weight.
The main reason is that it usually took several hours to make sure everything
was dry before you could pack up and break camp. We haven't got to use our 175 yet, but are
really looking forward to using it next August in Wyoming and Yellowstone. My hubby likes to flyfish, so
this should be lots of fun.  We have been daydreaming about camping in our rpod on the greys and green river.
06 Nissan Xterra
Oklahoma Okiepoders
Dan & Pam
Mik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:52pm

I’ve been out camping for almost 25 Years and I try to be out as many days as I can. It started out with tent camping, went to a trailer  and ended with class A Motorhome that we sold 4 years ago when we moved to Europe. However we are now going for trailer camping again and I do think whatever we did in the past it was camping. Of course like Outbound says there is a big difference between hiking just with a back pack and a couple of friends in a remote area and camping at a place where you have all the convenience of modern life with a full size RV. I personally do love hiking just somewhere remote and putting the tent up where ever you are when it’s time for the night especially with friends. But not all the time and not with my family as long as the kids are as young as they are right now.

Anyway as long as I’m in a place where I have enough space around me I would not like to miss that kind of convenient camping we do and I also still consider myself as a camper like I was at the very beginning. The basics are still the same. We are outside as much as we can and basically the only big difference is that we are sleeping very comfortable and if there is a very bad day we enjoy the dryness and warmth of that hard walled vehicle.

If I retire one day I might end up with living in a RV but even than I think I would consider myself as a camper.

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:09am
I don't think it matters what you use...sleeping bag, pup tent, tent, pop-up, travel trailer, Class A,B,C or 5th wheel.  It's the time you spend out doors and sitting under the stars and moon around a fire.  The more remote the better.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic