r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MOD Thread Purge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MOD Thread Purge
    Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 6:15pm
Id like to know how you all feel about cleaning up the MODS:NO COMMENTS thread ???

All posts that do not relate to the actual MOD description/instructions would be deleted.
That would include comments, questions, opinions, and those that have nothing to do with MODs.

The MOD thread is an amazing thing. An opportunity to post/share your MOD to a captive audience. Thumbs Up
And we LUV pictures here as much as we Luv MODS!

Lets keep it for MODs only and the creator (or Modder) can also post it in another thread if he/she wishes to have comments or inquiries. Tongue (I believe a few have been doing that & it works)
Or, you can contact them via PM.

What ya think ???

p.s.
as soon as some of these issues are addressed, I'll Un-Sticky these threads and let them free-fall, or possibly delete them for "less-clutter" sake.
Geek
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 6:19pm
I like the idea.  Perhaps you could set up a topic on MOD DISCUSSION. Just a thought
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 6:41pm
Grrr... I appreciate the enthusiasm to clean things up, but I do have an issue with deleting posts.  Even the best-intentioned efforts can be Orwellian.  Frankly, I'd rather see the thread left as is, including the wavering discussions and odd 'REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT' posts.  Its our collective history, and I don't think we should either change history or forget it.  We're only human after all, and humans make mistakes.  Lets not hide from them.

On the subject of mods, I'd like to see a POD MOD forum.  That way, a thread could be started about each mod.  Interested people could post questions for the modder in the thread, others with ideas to improve the mod could too.  Plus, we could give credit where credit is due (e.g. gepaine's bedroom cabinet was incredible, but because his post was locked-up in that thread, I wasn't able to gush outrageously about his skills).
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 8:51pm
I understand your concern Outbound ...

As far as this thread goes, it will "not" be deleted. I'll just un-sticky it ....

As for the MOD ONLY thread I hope to get somemore input from more members.
Im not itching to do any deleting, and hope to never have to.
Please excuse the eagerness on my part, as I am in "no" hurry at all, nor intend to change anything about this forum.

Our moderator options have just recently been active, so it may seem like I'm bouncing around more than I should. I have brought up some points I felt needed to be addressed, as any member would do, or suggest. Some have been brought up previously.

All members appreciate your kindness, opinions, and suggestions, not to mention what a great help you have been to everyone here.
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:12pm
I would like to see a "clean" mod only thread.  I understand where Outbound is coming from and if you are not deleting anything then there shouldn't be any harm.  I'm not sure what "un-sticky it" means tho.  Could you explain what you mean and maybe that will put ppl at ease.

Thanks for asking.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 10:14pm
I would like to see a clean MOD thread too.  I don't know how you would go about preserving all the  content but I think it should be preserved. I also like the idea of a MOD discussion thread and I don't know how to make that work either.
I have lots of ideas and no help.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by yizit yizit wrote:

I would like to see a "clean" mod only thread.  I understand where Outbound is coming from and if you are not deleting anything then there shouldn't be any harm.  I'm not sure what "un-sticky it" means tho.  Could you explain what you mean and maybe that will put ppl at ease.

Thanks for asking.

Thank you for asking too:

"Sticky" threads remain on top of the lists of other threads within a particular folder within the
Forest River r-Pod Forum, and the General Camping Forum.
I have done this to the MOD ONLY thread if you havent noticed yet.

The RPodNation Downtime and Maintenance Forum usually deals with the forums operation, but can/will cover other things as well.

"Sticky" only refers to a threads position within the folder. It has nothing to do with removal.
Once a "Sticky" thread is changed to a "normal" thread, it moves down the list as other threads are created within that folder and are placed at the top. ( I believe thats what happens)
"Sticky" threads are usually ones that need attention, are popular, or important for everyone to see/read.

I hope Ive been able to clear that up for you alittle Yizit !!! Again, thanks for asking ... 
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Sandpiper Sandpiper wrote:

I would like to see a clean MOD thread too.  I don't know how you would go about preserving all the  content but I think it should be preserved. I also like the idea of a MOD discussion thread and I don't know how to make that work either.
I have lots of ideas and no help.

Ideas and/or suggestions are something I'll always welcome Sand-Man. Help is optional. LOL
The idea of a MOD Forum has come up, which sounds interesting.
It could be a more interactive extension of the current MOD Thread, or the current MOD thread could be incorporated into it.
Im totally for preserving all posts, which has been a concern. We can put that to bed since Ive discovered how much the members feel the importance to retain them, even if at times they seem to be irrelevant to the subject matter. Nothing will be deleted, period, unless posts are "outside" the "rules" as stated in the "Welcome and Rules" folder. 

And Im "way" good with that !!! Thanks for all the input, it really helps, more than you may know....Thumbs Up

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:20pm
Thanks for the info...it was somewhat clearLOL
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:35pm
Good idea. I say go for it.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic