r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T@Bs at Eastern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WE-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 5:24pm
Personally, I hope you ring as many Tabbers as you can. I'd love to meet them and see their Tabs.
Dick & Kyra
2010 174 L'il B'ger
09 Dakota 4.7L       
Hampton, Va.
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 5:48pm
Cry   Please reconsider.  If we have to we can take a vote but I really do think you are welcome as are your T@B friends.  It would be a shame to lose you and any other T@bers who want to come.  I'd love to see a T@B as I am one of those people who seriously did consider one before I got the Pod.
I think it diminishes us all to exclude people. 

In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

taberella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taberella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 5:58pm
I think that we should drop the whole thing because the TIMING is just not right. Even if you "take a vote", it might result in TABbers showing up to a rally where some (even though just a few) R-Podders wish they were not there. I think once you get this roundup under your belt and look to the future, we will have plenty of time to plan some joint outings.

One thing I have figured out after 6  years of T@B rallies: there are just not enough T@B rallies in our immediate area to satisify my need for camping with a group! So, I tend to look at other groups (teardrops) or come up with crazy ideas to get several like-minded campers together. This time it just didn't work out.

But, as I said, I plan to be at your rally, and will certainly enjoy meeting all the R-pod folks and viewing the pods, and will be more than willing to make my T@B available for viewing. 

Lets just leave it on this positive note for a future plan -- for now!

Ella
T@BERELLA
Sister to TinkeRPod
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 9:33pm
I say the more the merrier. All are welcome, IMHO.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by taberella taberella wrote:

But, as I said, I plan to be at your rally, and will certainly enjoy meeting all the R-pod folks and viewing the pods, and will be more than willing to make my T@B available for viewing. 

Lets just leave it on this positive note for a future plan -- for now!

Ella

Taberella, I would just like to say that I am very much looking forward to meeting you and seeing your T@B
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 11:19pm
The way I see it, the park is not exclusive to just R-Pods, only a couple of rows, the rest of the park is open to anyone else.  If a "few" T@BS happen to be there, so be it.  It was thoughtful of taberella to let us know that she would like to invite a few of her friends to join "HER", and generous of the Podders to invite them to join in on our festivities.  We would love to meet and make new friends.   Approve

Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.
Francesco Guicciardini

Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 10:11am
As one of the organizers that discussed this option, I see no problem with the T@B's at Boonesborough.  Even with 30+ pod's in attendance, we will be far outnumbered by the 'square boxes'. 

I did think it could be a little confusing at the social events when meeting someone you thought owned a pod, but instead owned a T@B.  In the end I saw this as no big deal.  I just make another friend with a different cool little trailer.

Ultimately the choice is not mine, nor anyone's on this forum.  It's up to the people that own the T@B's.  I will welcome any camper that wants to bring food, fun, advice or anything at the social events. 
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 11:42am
As a fellow organizer, I also see no problem with the T@Bs being at Boonesborough.  After chatting with Taberella through email, it was decided that the Tabbers would have a name tag stating that they are T@B owners, and it would also give their name.
I think Cindy has volunteered to get pin back name tags for the Podders.  With so many people signed up for the Roundup, we are going to need the tags.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:24pm
It is now official.  There will be no "sister" rally by the T@B group.  I have spoken to Taberella. She has decided to drop the idea.  She will be attending, as was her previous intention.  My thanks to all who shared their thoughts on the subject.
See you in June. 

Pepperpod
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Joe & Vickie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe & Vickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 9:03pm
Dead      I'm sorry to hear that. I think that i't would have been a good thing to get to meet  t@b owners.   Maybe some other time, we could have a joint gathering.
r-pod 177-GITTY UP GO
ford F-250 pickup
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic