r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T@Bs at Eastern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 11:56am
Quote There is one site in and among us that was reserved long before we Podders started reserving sites.  They are in for the shock of thier lives when we all show up and surround them.  It may be unnerving when Pods and T@Bs keep popping up all week end.  Shocked

Whoever these campers are, I think we should invite them to join in with the social activities.  Camped in the midst of a group of podders who are talking, laughing, running around from site-to-site and taking over the loop's common areas could turn into a very bad experience for them.  For the sake of a couple name tags, sharing some food at the pot luck and calling them honorary podders, we could make it a memorable event.  Of course, it depends on the situation, the people and their reaction, but I'd rather plan for some good will and a good time for all.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 12:14pm
It was my understanding that the t@bs are reserving sites in a location of their own and having a mini gathering for those who live in that area.  It is also my understanding that they have been invited to socialize with the podders but are not officially part of our roundup.  Since this is our first ever roundup and they have had many, figure during our socializing hours we could pick their brains for ideas for future roundups.
Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 12:41pm
That is such a great idea!! 

Just for the record, there won't be 30 T@Bs in the park. Just a few (maybe 4 or 5) of my sister's friends who happen to own a TAB who look for any excuse to camp and don't live too far away. She's not going to post in on their forum. She got permission from the ORGANIZERS to do this.
She just could have put out the word "Come one, Come All", but she didn't. They aren't going to be on our POD LANE but elsewhere close by.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 12:56pm

Anyone could be staying in the park besides us.  It may as well be another mini rally of people with similar trailers to ours. We may also learn somethings since the T@B's have been around longer and may have come up with ways of dealing with some of our space limitations.

I look forward to meeting them.
Bill
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 1:49pm
Okey dokey,  I did say I thought it would be cool to have the Pods near each other.  Great visual impact and photo ops.
That said, how can having T@Bs at the park detract from the Pod rally?  Does anyone think T@berella should move to the other side of the park?   Unhappy   NOT ME
As for driving a long way for the rally, you gotta admit we are coming a heck of a long way for this.
Embarrassed

In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

but I'd rather plan for some good will and a good time for all.

in essence, this is how I feel too.
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 2:40pm
great idea    I would love to check out the tabs.
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
cybspod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybspod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 3:34pm
I believe this is a great idea. Now let's be honest, many of us even thought about buying a T@B before buying a R-Pod. It was on my list like many of us. So, actually I am very excited to see them at the rally. And no one can say that it doesn't take an unconventionnal type a person to own a T@B or an R-Pod. Those are not white boxes.

I am traveling a long way to meet all of you and honestly I am more than happy to meet even more "kewl" people. The more the merrier :-) I am bringing my dad with me who is my handyman. Believe me he will love looking at those T@Bs . And by the way, be ready to answer 10 000 questions from my dad. He is curious about all the mods you made and why this and not that :-p

This will be soooooo much fun! Is it spring yet??!!!
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 5:03pm
Thumbs Up  Spring is getting closer and before you know it we will be on our way to Kentucky.  Exciting!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

taberella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taberella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 5:06pm

Having read some of the posts on your r-pod nation where people are concerned about having T@Bs in attendance at the roundup, I have had to reconsider continuing with these "joint" plans. It is, after all, your first east-coast rally, and it might just be best that you focus on R-Pods and each other and not have to worry about T@B being present. It is a very special time for you guys as you plan this rally and set the tone for this roundup and future roundups; and I don't think there should be any controversy by any R-Podders to spoil the fun.

The only reason that this whole suggestion came about is because my sister was at our T@B International rally this past summer and I wanted to travel to Kentucky to camp with her at the R-Pod rally. (Kentucky is a half-way mark from her her house to my house, and it was just a very convenient and exciting meeting point.) Within 100 miles of Boonesborough I have many T@B friends, and it seemd an easy way to spend a weekend with them, also.

However, after reading some of the concerns presented here,  I feel that there might be a better time in the future where we can plan a joint T@B/R-Pod rally. I will say nothing to T@Bbers about this roundup.  Meanwhile -- I have MY reservation for your rally and will still plan to "sneak in" and participate on the fun as I had originally planned. Thanks to your R-Pod planning committee that have made me feel so welcome.  T@Berella 
T@BERELLA
Sister to TinkeRPod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic