r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coming winter storm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 11:57am
Haven't seen our pod in months either!  We're going for a visit in March.
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by sylviablue sylviablue wrote:

Haven't seen our pod in months either!  We're going for a visit in March.

I'm sure it will be happy to see you too !! Smile
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 12:59pm
Just in from feeding the birds for about the 6th time in the past few days.  It is a beautiful clear, sunny, cold day.  Temps just barely above freezing.  Since Trisha and I are both teachers, Spring Breaks starts tomorrow Cry.  The main roads somewhat clear,  but the side streets/roads are terrible.  I did walk down to the Pod just to look at it and dream about warm sunny weather!  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:59pm
Here are a pictureor three from our part of the storm. 

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Okiepoders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okiepoders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 10:04am
R&T
Love your pod port for your 175.  We're planning on having a metal car port put up in the back yard
for our 175.  Right now we're waiting on the snow from last weeks storm to melt.
Are you happy with the pod port and it's design and cost?
Pam
06 Nissan Xterra
Oklahoma Okiepoders
Dan & Pam
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 11:33am
Hey Pam,
We really like our pod port.  When we installed it this summer, it was for our pop-up, and luckly I had the seven foot side posts installed incase I wanted to put my truck under it. (If I was ordering one now, I'd have 8 ft. side posts installed.) I have about four inches of clearance with the r-pod.  The close clearance coupled with my wife's seven month old hip joint, kept us from getting the axle risers.  When you go shopping for these structures, you quicly learn the $695.00 low-ball price model just won't work, in fact, plan on about twice that amount and you'll be ok.  Hope this helps, and I hope your snow melts quiclky too! 
Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 4:22pm

Yet another winter blast headed our way. Cindy and I are headed to StLouis to catch a hockey game tonight. We should see the start of the predictions during our journey home much later.

I must admit this has developed into a "snowy" winter for us here so far. Its been awhile since I remember seeing snow for most of the season.

We have retention ponds in our subdivision (two blocks from house) and the Canadian Geese are in 'Large numbers'. Really kewl to see. I hope to grab a picture some day, but it seems we are always just passing by.
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:18pm
Be safe out there everyone!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:38pm
Expecting another 20 inches of snow here south of DC.  That is more snow that we usually get all year.  On top of the 22 inches in December, the 6 inches last weeekend and the 5 inches on Wednesday, I am beginning to think I have moved to the Tundra.    I swear I was supposed to be living in the south in Virginia.  I am getting cabin fever just thinking about it.  So much for the hiking that I was planning to do this weekend===and I don't ski.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 10:12pm
Guess you'll have to get a pair of snow shoesLOL  Since we retired we don't mind the snow as much.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic