r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coming winter storm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coming winter storm
    Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 8:44am
Supposedly we are going to get some really bad weather here in Knoxville. Supposedly.  I don't know whether to believe it or not, but at any rate, we are charging the batteries to the Pod and if we loose electricity we are preparing to move to the TINKeRPOD!! We'll have heat and tv and I can still cook.  It almost sounds like an adventure.  Thumbs Up

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 8:45am
Oh yeah, getting plenty of gas for the generator. Be a good test for that heavy thing!

sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 9:00am
Wow, I think I'd almost be wishing for that storm to hit just to try holing up in the Pod!
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 2:22pm
We just had a very bad storm Dec 18th and are getting ready for another. On a more serious note, stay in your house even without electricity. We had trees and power lines dropping all around us and it was very very scary. Don't mean to be a joy kill.
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by kotasnana kotasnana wrote:

We just had a very bad storm Dec 18th and are getting ready for another. On a more serious note, stay in your house even without electricity. We had trees and power lines dropping all around us and it was very very scary. Don't mean to be a joy kill.

You're not, I hadn't even thought about stuff like that. There are no trees that would reach the pod and the power lines are on the other side of the house. We aren't in a neighborhood but in the country and we didn't plant trees close to the house because we didn't want them falling on the house. I did need a dose of reality. It has just started snowing about 15 minutes ago. We'll see what happens. Thanks for being concerned.

Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 3:10pm
We are very lucky because all our power lines run underground.  Even when a couple of tornados came through town, my neighborhood had power (I think we were the only ones with power that night)

Its got to be something serious for us to lose power.

Everyone stay safe!  It looks like alot of ice and snow are hitting people south of IL. 

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 3:11pm
We are also bracing for a wonderful winter storm here also!  UGH....snow and ice  Double UGH.  Every one in the path of this storm keep safe and warm. Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 12:31am
Hope you the storm misses you.  Keep warm and dry.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 11:45am
Hey everyone, I just got out and took a few pictures of the snow here in NC.  We in no way got the "worst" of the storm, but still got about six inches, and it's still sleeting.  Here's a pic of our Pod all tucked away in it's Pod Port.  I hope it doesn't get too impatient (like it's owners) for Spring.
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 11:50am
It sure is great to "See" an r-Pod w/slide again, even if its someone else's. We haven't seen ours in months !!
Looks like Winter ......

Thanks for the pic !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic