r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Western Roundup (Take Two)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 5:14am

Ya know I’ve never even been to FaceBook, Twitter, or MySpace; just never got around to visiting those sites. But if you’re over there and see some podders invite them over here.

Kenn, I don’t suggest buying your reservation until maybe this summer because there are absolutely no refunds whatsoever. I reserved a spot for 3-days with full hookups for $80 and when I did that I received a confirmation letter saying that there were no refunds under any circumstances.

Now in-between now and August if my plans change for whatever reason I am out of $80; still I usually make most of my camping reservations at least 6-months in advance so that I can get good campsites.

I have eight camping trips planned for 2010; starting in March and the last one is in December when I will camp for 10-days in the Mojave Desert. Most of the reservations for these 8 camping trips have already been made. But I would advise discretion for those who are planning to attend this 2010 Western Roundup, and I hope that there will still be spaces available come this summer if others who are unsure now decide to attend.

Let me know so that we can look for each other and also plan a barbecue or something. There are a number of events, hiking, etc., that we may want to do as a group if others attend.

HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 9:02am
The caravan to the west coast is an awesome idea.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Bill-311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill-311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 3:42pm
Would like to find this Valley of the Roge State park? From just below the border at north Washington. Sounds like a hoot. Been retired for about three years and need a way out of this rain. r-Pod name Yo-Yo and love to camp.
Bill-311
singlegal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singlegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 9:59pm
Just saw this.  Please do this again next year.  I have a camping trip the week before and don't think I can make this in 2010.   Otherwise, I'd go.   
Singlegal
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 1:02am

Hell-o Everyone,

It’s been a couple months or so since I’ve posted; as many of you know I purchased my R-171 this past January and have been out here camping ever since. Right now I’m on my way back from a trip to Alaska, but the pictures will just have to wait as I had about 400 of them unsorted and yet to be reviewed. I expect to be back home in Fairfield, CA some time next week; right now I’m at the Sutton Campground in Oregon.

Speaking of Oregon I do plan on being at Valley of the Rogue in August but don’t know if I’ll be doing a gathering next year as I’ve already made up my camping schedule for 2011.

I’ve done a number of additional mods on my 171, besides the ones I posted here several months ago; got two batteries and two five gallon propane tanks, a new tongue jack, and put a 1200-watt inverter under one of the dinette benches; I‘m planning on getting some solar panels to go with the inverter. Like I said I’ll sort thru my pictures when I get home and post some later.

Everywhere I go people really like my r-pod and ask me to give them a tour. Camp hosts, other campers, and even gas station attendants have nothing but good things to say. I have owned my r-pod 156-days and have camped in it about 68 and counting of those days, and the more time I spend in this pod the more I really, really, really, like it. I think that all of the mods that we do to our pods make them uniquely our own but I am also one of the few who have a square window in the door of their pod; very distinctive.

Okay, so here’s one picture of my current campsite at Sutton Campground north of Florence, Oregon. Until next time, happy trails…and I hope to see some of you this August in Oregon.

Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 1:03am
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 7:12am
We had our dealer install a square window in the door.  We love it.  We get so much more light.  It is great that you are enjoying your Pod so much.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 9:43am
Larry, your campsite looks beautiful.  Can't wait to see your pictures of Alaska.  Sounds like you are having a great time in your travels.  Keep safe and happy traveling.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 1:33pm

Okay so I have some time to sort thru some of these pictures; thing is the wifi at this campground is a rather slow connection, but here are a few more… I think the first and second pictures are in Washington State; I stayed at the Fort Lewis Travel Camp for 6-days, it’s located just south of Tacoma. It was great staying there, full hookups, etc. The third photo shows my two propane tank cover and a new tongue jack. My tongue jack went out while I was camping, it would neither raise no lower. I took the cap off of the top but could not fix it. Called Forest River but they told me that the tongue jack was not covered in the warranty, so I just bought a new one at a nearby RV store for $40; it’s the screw-on type and I will be removing the old one when I get home. Luckily I was able to retract the old jack so that I could tow my pod. Adventures while camping in my pod huh…Tongue

Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 1:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic