r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Like moving into a new house

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamajomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 9:36am
[QUOTE=PodPatrol]Your get'n er Done Don !!! Great infoe !!!

"Is the print of the sidewalls something that could be shared ?
I ask this due to the fact that most owners won't be cutting into the walls,
but sometimes put'n a screw here, or there, might be aided by knowing where the supports are, or where they are not."

I'm curious, if they are shared, would the 177's be different from the 172's?
Thanks,
Mamajomba
Mamajomba
"just poddin along" in a
R-pod 177
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 10:35am
I'm assuming, but perhaps all 17* models may be similiar to a certain point.
The Slide models of course would be different concerning the Street-Side
of the slide models. But perhaps from that point on, they might be identical.

Just a thought ......

Wouldn't it be nice to know the paths of the electrical wire runs too !!!
Don Johnston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Johnston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 10:24pm
I've tried to upload the files of the wall structure from FR, but cannot. There were actually two files, one a .bmp and a .mht. I would offer to email them to anyone interested, but I had trouble downloading them to my own email server, so I'm not sure that would work. I'll work on saving them as a different file form and see if I can get that to work.

Don
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 10:55pm
Ok, thanks Don !!!
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:01am
     It would be great if Forest River could post a diagram or picture of the frame work of all the RPod models. They could add that the warranty on the walls is voided once someone cuts into it. Would be a great help for those in doing modifications.   David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Johnston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 10:06pm
Okay, I figured out how to do it! Here are the sidewalls of the 172. I blieve this can be called interior view of the far side wall.
Don

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:38pm
I'm a bit confused here.....are there ANY vertical or horizontal supports?  What I'm seeing are lines for the items inside of the pod.  I would like to know where the metal supports are located.  Am I missing something here?
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Johnston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 9:54pm
About 1 foot back from the front edge on both sides there is what appears to be a vertical piece, perhaps a 2X2. I wasn't worried about the rest of the trailer.

Don
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 6:20pm
I think I'll leave my walls alone . . . .
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Johnston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:37pm

One of two new windows in my 172 (one on each side).
And here is a cross section of the wall panel. It measures 1.3 inches thick, with a 1/8th inch thick plywood layer on each side, then a thin layer of plastic on the inside and a 1/16th inch layer of fiberglass on the outside. There were no structural members in the cut.
This is not a job for just anyone to experiment with, but I have no fears of the resulting structural integrity. After all, in all other models there is a full size window in the same location. Because of the bunks in the 172 there is not room for that large window.

Don

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic