r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Like moving into a new house

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VenturaTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:10am
Thanks to Don for posting that sidewall schematic and the cross-section of what came out of his door.

Along these lines I think it would be very helpful if someone could come up with even a basic wiring diagram of the Pods.  I'm afraid this would be difficult, as I'm sure each Pod model is significantly different.

In similar way a basic plumbing diagram would be nice to have too!  When putting in my water filter unit, to my dismay I found attached to a three way directional valve a water hose to nowhere!  That's disturbing..  LOL

Just a few thoughts....and nice work Don.
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab
Cummins 5.7L Turbo-Diesel
R-Pod 177 Owner

Former VW Camper then Tent/Dirt Camper
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:10am
Could your hose to no where be for winterizing?  In our 172 under the sink area we have a hose that is used for antifreeze. 
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:13am
Don thanks for sharing.  We have plans to add a window in our door as soon as the snow melts.  I'm sure the windows added much needed light in the 172.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 5:02pm
Look what you've started! I wasn't gonna stop until I got a porthole. I don't think there will be a privacy issue because Larry went inside and put his face right up to the window and I could not see him.  I'm not used to looking at the Pod without Tinkerbelle on it! Is that really mine? It was an absolutely beautiful day. There was this big ball of fire in  the sky that I hadn't seen for a while and it got up to 63 degrees. We did have a little trouble with the frame. We cut the hole the size of the window and the inside frame was 1/8" bigger than the window. It was a little scary have to go back and cut the hole bigger!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
GrandPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 8:03am
Tink
 The window in the door looks really good. Your temperatures are almost as high as ours. We haven't seem  temperatures above 70 very much this winter.
 Tom
Tom And Linda
Rpod 177                      Southwest florida

AllGood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 8:05am
Nice job on the window in the door, can you offer some info as to price of the window and where you purchased it from?  How difficult was it to install?
R-Pod 172 2010
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 6:41pm
Hi Allgood, I found my window on ebay. It was $59.95. I can't remember the dealer but it's a van window. There was also another dealer and the window was $79.95. Look for porthole windows on ebay. It really wasn't hard at all to install. Putting that first little hole in the door was the hardest part.(No going back after that!)  Funny thing was that when we went to put the frame on the inside of the door the hole was too small and Larry had to make the hole bigger. I would suggest to measure the inside AND the outside. We did not get a template with ours and I think we were supposed to. The frame was aluminum so we painted it black. Good Luck!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:10pm
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

Thanks for the information.  I have not taken possession of my 172 yet.   I think I will ask the dealer to put the window in my door.  We are having them change the cover on the fantastic fan to one that lets light in.

Do you remember what model/brand this was?  We are thinking of getting a cover for the fan for our 175 but I wanted to see about one that would also let in the light.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 7:07pm
Brin
We let the dealership talk us out of the clear fantastic fan cover. They said that we would be getting a lot of heat from it.  After this past week, it may be good that we did not do it. LOL Instead, we had them put a window in the door of our 172.  It lets in a lot of light. I would like to have a MaxAir cover installed so that we can keep the fan cover open during rainy weather.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic