r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Like moving into a new house

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Johnston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:35pm
Sorry it took so long for this reply. I haven't been as attentive to R-pod Nation as I should be. Here are some pictures of the windows.

I filled the gap between inside and outside frames with black silicone caulking. The "Drapery rod" is velcro.
Also note the net holder next to the window. It's the same as those in the bathroom, from Forest River. Works great for flashlight, glasses, wallet, or anything you might need at night. I put one in the bottom bunk as well.

The buckling under the window is the decal only. I'm not sure whaat caused that. You can barely see the clear silicone seal around the edges. That's inside and out. Now, here's a couple more mods.

Solar panel on the left side of the air conditioner. Blocks the AC just a bit, but I rarely use that anyway. It's 50 watts, and should be enough to maintain heat and lights on a moderately cool day, as long as the sun shines a little. There is room for another, on the right side of the AC, if this turns out to be insufficient.
In addition, I've replaced the microwave oven with a 17 inch gas range. I disabled the top burners and removed the grates. It fits the opening almost perfectly. Added some trim around the front.
That should do it for generator free dry camping.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 7:13am
You did a great job with those mods!! They look very good.

I must say, however, that if you need your wallet in the middle of the night, you lead a much more interesting life than I do LOL.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 8:11pm
Great job, looks amazing.  I still need a door window!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic