r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hitch Wheel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:18pm

Thought I’d share another heads up here:

The jack on my rpod tongue only goes up so far, and in order for me to get the caster wheel on, or off, of that tongue jack I have to place my car jack up under the ball on my tow vehicle and jack it up and inch or less so that there will be room for me to either take the caster wheel off of the rpod tongue jack or put it on the rpod tongue jack. The rpod tongue jack is just very low to the ground even when it is jacked all the way up.

You may or may not have this problem if you use a caster wheel on your rpod jack, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I need to somehow find out if my rpod jack can further retract which would give me ample space between the jack and the ground to either place or remove the caster wheel without jacking up the tow vehicle. It only needs it retract about and inch or so more to better accommodate my putting the caster wheel on or taking it off. Once the caster wheel is on the rpod there is no problem. I’m going to have risers installed on the rpod and maybe that will give me the space I need on the tongue jack to be able to readily place or remove the caster wheel.

I know you folks love pictures but I have yet to read here how to post them, but I will get around to eventually doing that.

Larry

Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:24pm
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:42pm
Thanks Larry !! They're exactly the same #s that are @ RV Nation !
Good to know......
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:48pm
Larry ..... There is a procedure to post pics here, it's located in the
Miscellaneous / Off Topic near the top of the topic list.
Hope it helps you out !!

http://www.rpodnation.com/how-to-insert-pictures-to-rpod-nation_topic869.html
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 4:03pm
Thanks; I'll give it a try in a few weeks after I finish most of my mods so that I can share pictures of the mods I've done here.
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 4:28pm
Your welcome !!

Please do post some pics when ya can !!! We LUV pictures here !! Thumbs Up
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:02pm
Being able to push Rbug around was one of the first questions we asked when we saw it.  We noticed right away it didn't have a wheel and one would be needed.  Fortunately for us we had one from our last TT.  At our last house we were not able to just back it in using our vehicle.  Unhitching it and pushing it back into the parking space was the only way we could get it there.  Sometimes we can attached the wheel while it is hooked to our SUV.  When we can't, we too have a small 2 ton jack that we use.  Being able to push Rbug was a number one priority when we were shopping for a TT.  It is very easy to push around and we did the same thing with our pop-ups in the past.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
yakers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:16pm
One note of caution, if you have the hitch wheel installed, you need to be sure to block the wheels and the hitch wheel.  I have been told that a very strong gust of wind can move any camper around if it is parked on pavement.  You can purchase a small hard rubber tub at most RV stores that the wheel fits in and this will help to keep it from moving.  The rubber tub blocks the hitch wheel in all directions which can be a problem when trying to block a pivoting wheel. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic