r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our R-POD 171 arrived! Sweet!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our R-POD 171 arrived! Sweet!
    Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 7:10pm
Thumbs Up  Our new R-POD 171 from Couch's RV Nation arrived in Denver on April 19!  I am happily fitting it out before we set off on our shakedown trip.  So far I've installed a 12" under cabinet TV/DVD/CD/Radio and modified the dinette table to fit better with greater stability. (See under Miscellaneous and Maintenance Tips categories).  I installed a rear view camera to help viewing the traffic behind me.  I posted that under maintenance and tips.  I've ordered a pair of stabilising jacks for the front.

Unhappy  Unfortunately my 1996 four cylinder Jeep Cherokee is not up to the task.   I've just traded her in for a 2006 Jeep Liberty with the V-6 engine and factory towing package.  I'll have to start over installing the electric brake controller and a power lead and panel switch for the rear view camera.  oh well!  
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 7:29pm
Sweet...Please post some pics/details on the rear view camera...that sounds really cool. Congrats on getting your new R-Pod!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 12:28pm
Congratulation on your 171 Big smile !!! We love ours.  One thing that was bent before we even used the camper was the table leg.  They had an open house before we picked ours up so who knows what happened?  I like the idea of a rear view camera.  I stand behind with a walkie talkie while Ted backs up.  We replaced our tail lights on our pop up many times over the years. 
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 3:58pm
Big smileCongrats on you new Pod. Moving the legs on the table sounds like a good idea. Happy camping Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic