r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The best dealer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gomjabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 7:31pm
I stopped at country campers (last summer) and they gave me a rough quote considerably less than what is on the website.  That is why they also say call for the no trade price on the website.
I am not saying they will match couch's, but it will be less than the website.  At least as of last summer that was the case.
Just give em a call. 
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 7:54pm

I just picked up my brand new 2010 R-pod 171 from Couch’s RV Nation on January 19, 2010; I live in Northern California but purchased my R-pod 171 from Jeff Couch’s Campers in Hamilton, Ohio because it was the best deal I could find. Did most of my business with Scott, the Business Manger there, but also talked occasionally with Brandon, a sales person at Counh’s RV Nation. I had a very pleasant experience even though they were about 2,400 miles away from where I lived. I did not want to pay the full delivery charge; which is about a dollar a mile, nor did I want to drive the full distance to Ohio to pick it up so I asked them to deliver my R-pod to Salt Lake City instead and made arrangements to meet the delivery person there. That gave me and opportunity to drive it about 700 miles back to California, see how it towed and camp in it a couple of nights along the way. From my personal experience I recommend RV Nation. I got and excellent deal; R-pod 171 with all the options for about 13,000.00. The same trailer without all of the options sells for about $19,000.00 here in California. I think it’s a very good dealership.

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:58pm
We are heading for Madison tomorrow for the camper show and I'll let you know what they are advertising them for.  I know during the camper shows the dealers offer some really good specials.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 7:54pm
Whew...after seeing all those new RV's at Madison today, we are still very happy with our decision.  We were able to see the new 176 & 177.  After seeing the 176 (we have the 172) we are happy with our 172.  The 176 does give you a little more room, but we still prefer the 172 for the additional storage space.  As far as price goes, Country Campers price was as follows:

176....MSR $18799...Sale price $14998...Show special $13398
177....MSR $18219...Sale price $15098...Show special $13498

Horn's was not there, but based on our experience from purchasing from the camper show in Milwaukee last year, they were willing to bargain more.  I don't know how this compares to Couch's, maybe others out there can chime in and give you a better idea.

Hope this helps.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Gomjabber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gomjabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 9:13pm
I was looking at the prices for a 172 at Couch's and they look pretty good.  
That being said, I think what it comes down to is if you are willing to risk losing warranty repair for your Rpod or driving it back to Ohio to have warranty work done.  Post warranty it really doesn't matter who you bought it from, but I still think they will treat you better knowing you bought it from  them.

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:00pm
It appears form the information here that we got our 177 last Oct.(@ Couch's) for an RV Show price. We are very happy with that. I believe the only thing that wasn't included in our deal was the cover.
As Ive posted before, there is a dealer 15mins from us that will do warranty work.

Glad your still happy about your choice Yizit !!! We are very happy about ours too !
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:06pm
We picked up our Rpod and then camped for 1 day near Couch's so we could make sure everything was ok...It ended up, we could not get the furnace to fire so we brought it back to Couch's the next day...they got it to fire up so we headed home...once home, we could not get the furnace to work...so, we called the roadside assistance place (after Couch's told us that we should) ..they referred us to an approved Forest River dealer and repair place near us (about 10 miles)...actually, the roadside assistance place called the dealer near us and arranged everything...we just needed to drop the pod off.

This place was awesome.  They are a small place outside of Springfield.  The owners wife saw the RPod and was hoping it was HER birthday present.  They were all excited to see the RPod since they did not sell them...However, they knew ALL about COUCH'S....They were happy to do the the warranty work for us and we also had them winterize the Pod for us.  

It was our experience that this was a Forest River Dealer and they were fine with fixing our RPOD, even though they did not sell them.  They certainly got money from FR for the warranty work.  I personally don't think this is something to worry too much about.
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 7:15am
WOW...you guys are great with the help and info!
We will go to the rv show in Milwaukee and see what kind of price we can get on a 172 or 173.
Then will need to decide where to buy.  I know there is a $1 per mile charge for Couch's to deliver.
Perhaps we can meet them halfway.  I'll call FR dealers around SE WI to make sure they are willing to do the warrenty work and winterizing, installing ebc, four way to seven way wiring harness, etc.  Again, we really appreciate all the help from this forum.  For first time-almost-retired-rpoders, this site continues to be priceless!
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 7:52am
For anyone out there who live in Texas or around Texas, and are looking for a good deal, I got my 173 at May's RV in Lewisville. They matched Couch's price and give great service. They gave a complete walk through and I  have called several times with questions. Their service guy Phil is wonderful and even took the time to show me how to "winterize" my Pod.

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
Express1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Express1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 6:27pm
Do you still own your Rpod? Just curious , we are from Raceland and looking for 182g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic