r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Midwest RPod Roundup? (Cheese Head R U)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by rpoders2b rpoders2b wrote:

Good morning, new friends!
We plan on carrying our two bikes in place of the spare, MovingWaters...but we'll see what works when we get our pod VERY soon.
And we do hope to attend the KY event...a great state to visit, Ted & Cindy.
We loved the way you carry the trikes, Butterfly_Lee...put the pictures as our pc background!
And YES...we would be interested in inviting everyone and anyone up to WI at the end of Aug or beginning of Sept. for a roundup...we could work on this with you Yizit.  The Dells would be a blast to see again.  We have been traveling WI and the midwest for over 3 decades.  My taller half has a whole bedroom closet filled with plastic drawers that he organized alphabetically by county and each drawer has loads of pamphlets and "stuff".  We can't go past a Chamber of Commerce or Visitor's Bureau without stopping!  I know he could get help for this, but he seems so happy....
Get that Pod and make reservations for Kentucky!!!!  We would love for you to be there.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 3:26pm
The 400 bike trail is one of our favs.
When I told my husband I had mentioned a midwest roundup, he reminded me that we didn't have the pod yet...details, details...but then opposites attract LOL

The Fox Hills RV Park and Campground look VERY nice.  I'm trying to remember if we ever camped there with a rental class C that we had over 10 years ago.

Were you thinking over a weekend or during the week?  The last week of Aug. would be good for us but we could also come over after Labor Day.

Should we reserve asap and how many sites?

Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
David View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 5:14pm
I'll "stay tuned".  I was thinking of taking a trip up thru Michigan, across the UP and down thru Wisconsin sometime this year.  I want to hit the Smokies and/or Shenandoah in October, as I haven't been in 3 years.  Also, still "rubbing my chin" and 'scratching my noggin" on a trip to Glacier NP and Mt Rushmore. I have two Holiday weekends already reserved, in State (more to follow).  Also, there will Couch's appreciation camp-out (I assume).  It's going to be a busy camping year...with lots of gasoline to pay for!  Smile
Hope to see you "out there"

David - weird guy with a wolf
Dixie - German Shepherd
RP173 - "Campground Assault Vehicle 1"
2009 Silverado 5.3L V8
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 10:23pm
I have forgotten about Couch's appreciation camp-out...I think that's why the interest was limited because of it.  Has anyone heard any more about it?  Other wise end of September or first part of October might work too.  Beautiful fall colors then.  No outdoor water parks are open then, but the indoor parks are for those with kids.  I was thinking a weekend for those who work.  Let me know what you think about the end of Sept/first part of Oct.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 10:34pm

I and several others have put a bike rake on the back of the trailer.  I mounted the spare to the tongue.  There are pictures and references on this site as well as the facebook rpod owners site. You can do a search of the site and in the further this may go into the frequently asked questions section.

Welcome to the site.
Bill
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by yizit yizit wrote:

I have forgotten about Couch's appreciation camp-out...

We'll check on that Yizit !! Thanks for the reminder ....
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 7:51am
Yzit...the first weekend of Oct. (F,S,S the 1,2,3) looks like a good pick.  Might have some color then and you are right, there is still much to do around the Dells.  Unless you think an Oct. date might scare away some folks...we might get SNOW!   Would you like to get info on reserving sites?
Thanks for the info on tire mounting, Bill.  That is probably what the taller half will want to do.
And we would love to meet the wierd guy and his wolf from Indiana in Oct.
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 8:20pm

Do you get snow that early up there?  Usually, we don't get now in central Illinois until Thanksgiving.

I am still not giving up on this.  If anyone remembers, Ted was like "oh, we can't do the roundup in kentucky" and I was like, "well, lets just make a reservation and we can always cancel"

The next thing, he was onboard with going to kentucky. 

Maybe the same thing will happen with the midwest roundup!  (I don't suppose you would be willing to find a place in IL since it is more centrally located to anyone in MO and KS)

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 11:36pm
My thoughts for Wisconsin was to hopefully get some interest from our Canadian neighbors.  I just found out today that my daughter and family are planning their trip to Disney World the first week in October, which means Mom gets to take care of their 2 big dogsUnhappy.  So that takes care of the first 2 weekends in October for us.  And we are now planning our trip to Yellowstone for the first couple of weeks in September.  Where did the time goLOL.  If you would still like to make it the first weekend in October, we could come and visit and participate in the festivities.  It'll be hard for us with 3 dogs to camp in Rbug.  If the group is small enough we could line ya up in our drivewayLOL.  Otherwise the best time for us would be Aug 27, 28, 29 or possibly labor day weekend, or Oct. 15,16,17.  If our dates are not possible for anyone else, please feel free to move it someplace else and maybe next spring/summer/fall will work out better.  You might get a few snow flurries in October but mostly cooler weather.  Perfect time to hike/bike the trails.  
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 8:13am
[QUOTE=yizit]My thoughts for Wisconsin was to hopefully get some interest from our Canadian neighbors.  I just found out today that my daughter and family are planning their trip to Disney World the first week in October, which means Mom gets to take care of their 2 big dogs.   It'll be hard for us with 3 dogs to camp in Rbug.  If the group is small enough we could line ya up in our drivewayLOL.  Otherwise the best time for us would be Aug 27, 28, 29 or possibly labor day weekend, or Oct. 15,16,17. 
Yizit...How wonderful to have "grandogs"!
I understand about camping with 3 big ones.  My taller half can't wait to camp with our two (border collie mix and chihuahua/corgi mix)Shocked.
I wouldn't mind later in Oct. but by then do you think some will have winterized?  Let's plan for the dates you can make...we are very flexible at this time (except for Labor Day weekend) so you pick!  I would really like to meet you and invite all, especially our Canadian neighbors, to visit Wisconsin.  We wouldn't have to call it a midwest roundup...we could call it a "cheesehead roundup"!
You have such a wonderful camping season planned.  We took the train to Glacier a few years ago and had a blast.  I'm sure you'll enjoy Yellowstone.
Fox Hills isn't open for the season yet but you can make reservations online.  Let me know if you would be willing to call/email them and how many we should reserve and how much.
Pie_Pod...it would be fun to come to central Illinois some time this summer.  Taller half and I met at the UofI in the '70s and our daughter went there and is now attending nursing school in Champaign/Urbana.  Taller half is from Chatham, Ill and a BIG basketball fan, along with his dad who retired from farming a few years ago.

Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic