r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Midwest RPod Roundup? (Cheese Head R U)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwest RPod Roundup? (Cheese Head R U)
    Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 9:55pm
Just wondering if there has ever been some discussion of a meetup for those of us in the midwest?
So many beautiful state parks...so many rails to trails bike rides!
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
movingwaters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote movingwaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 10:09pm
We're midwest pod people (Missouri) and would be interested.  We are rails to trails bikers and enjoy WI and MN especially.  (How do you carry your bikes with the rpod?)
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 10:14pm

The Eastern Roundup is in Kentucky...To me, it is not very "Eastern" (I grew up on the east coast and I can tell you I never think of Kentucky as EAST)...

Here is the link to the Info ONly thread.  The other thread is 75 pages and it could take you a day to wade through it.

Ted and I are in IL and we are going to the Kentucky Roundup in June...

If that doesn't work for you, maybe we could arrange something closer to Missouri, Illinois, and Wisconsin....

~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 10:19pm

I don't have bikes but this is how I take my Trikes. LOL .  Several people put bike racks in place of the spare.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 10:24pm
I tried to get one started but there didn't seem to be much interest.  I suggested the Fox Hills Campground in the Wisconsin Dells area.  Lots of things to do around here.  Hiking, biking, waterparks, etc.  End of August or beginning of September works for us if anyone is interested.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 8:57am
Yizit had mention a RU in WI some time back.

I believe that since we both work that one RU a year is probably all we
will be able to sneek in. We also attend a large music party in Sept, not
to mention our yearly excursion to FL every-year. Given the fact that I
am still playing in a band and still gig 2 to 3 times a month, and then there's
my 13 yr old son that's looking forward to some camping this summer, I feel
comfortable in saying our glass is full !
To be honest, I was hoping that the ERU in Kentucky might become an
annual thing. Perhaps not for everyone, but for as many who could attend.
For some reason it's easier when ya know what's coming.
Kentucky isn't suppose to be east to qualify for the ERU. It's located perfectly
for the occassion, and I'm sure that the facility is awesome !
East has nothing to do with it, call it smelly soxes if you want to,
it's a Round Up and happens to be in the beautiful state of Kentucky.
It may well be the larges gathering of Pods to date, not to mention
some of the distances podders will be covering to attend.
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 9:32am
Good morning, new friends!
We plan on carrying our two bikes in place of the spare, MovingWaters...but we'll see what works when we get our pod VERY soon.
And we do hope to attend the KY event...a great state to visit, Ted & Cindy.
We loved the way you carry the trikes, Butterfly_Lee...put the pictures as our pc background!
And YES...we would be interested in inviting everyone and anyone up to WI at the end of Aug or beginning of Sept. for a roundup...we could work on this with you Yizit.  The Dells would be a blast to see again.  We have been traveling WI and the midwest for over 3 decades.  My taller half has a whole bedroom closet filled with plastic drawers that he organized alphabetically by county and each drawer has loads of pamphlets and "stuff".  We can't go past a Chamber of Commerce or Visitor's Bureau without stopping!  I know he could get help for this, but he seems so happy....
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 9:34am
Well...I should have said we would love to invite everyone/anyone up OR down OR over :) to WI for an RPos RU.
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 10:07am
LOL Big smile LOL Hug Clap

One more time!!  Here is the definiton of eastern United States:

The Eastern Half of The United States, the American East, or simply the East is traditionally defined as the states east of the Mississippi River.[citation needed] The first two tiers of states west of the Mississippi have traditionally been considered part of the West, but can be included in the East today; usually in regional models that exclude a Central region. As of July 1, 2007, the estimated population of the 26 states east of the Mississippi (not including the small portions of Minnesota and Louisiana that are east of the river) plus the District of Columbia totals 171,222,291 out of 305,986,357 in the whole nation (including Puerto Rico and insular areas in the US but not in the East), or 55.95% of the U.S. population. The Eastern Half has no longer a unified culture, due the vast number of immigrants which flooded the region in the mid 1800s to the present day. The East is composed of three sub-regions: The South, The Midwest, and The Northeast.

No matter where the next roundup is held, I am sure that it will be a great one.  Kentucky is in the eastern part of our great country. Those of you who attend the First Annual Eastern U.S. Roundup will find the people in Kentucky to be warm, inviting people who will be soooo happy that you chose to attend. Your committee is working very hard to make this a great event for you.  Thanks Sandpiper, Mrs. Piper, and Tabkld93.

Coach and I would love to attend ALL of the get togethers that are happening this year but that just cannot happen.  The events of this year have been almost overwhelming for us.  We reallly need the upcoming excursion to Florida.

By the way, our Pod in in transit, if  the snow does not strand it somewhere.  Big smile Our dealer is putting a window in the door and also installing levels for us.  I spoke to the head of their maintenance department yesterday.  He is as excited as I to get the Pod in his shop.  They have just started carrying the Pod line this spring.

Today we are not so camping friendly.  We have about 6 or 7 inches of snow and still coming down.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 10:11am
rpoders2b....then lets plan it.  Texas had only 3 podders show up for their first one and they had a blast.  Fox Hills offer a group discount, are centrally located to Devils Lake and the Dells, and close to the 400 bike trail.    Lets pick some dates and go for it.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic