r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckbooklady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 172
    Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 10:04am
I really like the 172 and it would best suit our family.  With this being the first year, though, I wonder if FR will use the '09 to "get the kinks out" and make improvements for '10?  For example, I see a potential improvement for the 172 in the bunk area.  If the top bunk could fold away during the day, there would be more livable space.

Any experienced RVers know if manufacturers typically make these sort of changes in the next production year?

Thanks
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 10:23am

Great idea on the top bunk, post that question over on the interview thread - we will be speaking with Mike later this week...

HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 5:27am
I saw that folding bunk idea at a recent RV show, in a big RV. The bottom bunk had removeable back cushions and was used as a lounging area during the day. Very cool.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 5:35am
That would be a Great Mod for the Bunk units !!!
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 1:14pm
I wish they would have done that!!!!  That is what we were looking for.  We made our own mods by ordering the top bunk loose, then raising the lower bunk, and adding shorter shelves in place of the top bunk.  Now we have a place to sit when the dinette in made up as a bed.  To do something like that should be easy to do by adding a piano hinge to the upper bunk.  We would have liked the upper bunk to fold in half and be used as storage, and when needed be able to use it as a bunk.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic