r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Direct TV while camping?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by jim jim wrote:

Tink
You are right I called Direct tv  and the said you have to use the unit out side.
Hope this helps.  Jim

That is correct. The Antenna (located in the case) needs to be outside with a clear unobstructed view of the south sky.
(depending on ones location, the sat is always over Texas).

It is not recommended to run the Antenna more than 100' from the TV/Receiver.
The TV/Receiver can be inside, or outside during operation.
The r-Pod does have inside/outside cable connectors for Sat & Cable.(these possibly could be utilized)

We hope to do some tests as soon as the weather becomes suitable.
I believe that you have to buy movies while the unit is connected to a telephone land-line.
Other than that, I believe its totally independent.
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:30am

Something else to consider is a way to "run" wires inside the r-Pod if need be. Size of wire must be considered when throwing this idea around. Speaker wire, cable TV wire, even possibly electrical wire.

Ive run some wire inside our homes Great Room to facilitate our 6-1 Surround Sound System.
After running the speaker wire through the basement I had to re-enter the room and run the wire up some walls to where the speakers were.

I used a small wire trough type trim that had adhesive on the back. (this is attached to outside surface of wall)
This wire trough could facilitate speaker wire, and the RG-6 cable that comes with the Sat-Go.
The "wire trough" would be an excellent method for running such wire in a r-Pod.
When I find the type of "wire trough" I used on the internet I'll post a pic, or I can take a picture of what I have put up as an example. I believe I purchased it at Lowe's. It was the smallest size they had, and was as egg-shell type of white. But I suppose it could be painted with the proper type paint. (its a plastic material).
This "wire trough" is shaped in a capitol "D" fashion, only the top of the curved part is open, where it meets the flat side, & allows inserting wire. Be sure the "open" side is "up" !!! The adhesive is on the "flat" side of the trough. I know a picture would be better, but havent found one yet ....
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:49am
Found it !!!!

Its description is Wiremold/Cordmate...... here is a link.

We used a less expensive type that didnt snap shut. You carefully pry it open and insert wire, done.
Since I have put mine on the walls, it hasn't shown any signs of becoming detached. (4yrs)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic