r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eshuler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie Questions
    Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 5:56pm
I hate to be a bother, but I have some questions. I would like opinions from experienced campers.

I am looking at several ultralight campers, and the major difference seems to be the fresh water capacity.  The R-Pod has the biggest tank.
How big a deal is 36 gallons vs 22 gallons?
Do you fill the tank after you arrive at your destination or do you haul all that water over the road.
Also, It seems that there may be a problem with the R-Pod plumbing based on the number of entries on this forum.  Is this a cause for alarm?

Thanks in advance.
Ed
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 6:29pm
The difference in water amounts CAN be major.  It depends on how long you will be without a water hookup, how many people and how conservative you are with water.  As for taking water with you:  water weighs  about 8.3lbs per gallon so that is an extra 300 pounds you would be towing.  IF you are going where you can't get water it would be worth it.

The water system problems seems to be mostly related to plastic shavings in the system and another one that has something to do with a pressure relief valve.  The shavings problem is easy, just remove the screen on the faucets.  The valve is something for the dealer to check.  In fact, have the dealer pressurize the water system and run water out of ALL faucets and the shower head before you take ownership.  That is for any brand.

Terry
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 10:40pm
So far I have dry camped with my rpod twice...both times I filled the tank before leaving...my destination was an hour away...no hills. I brought 2 6 gallon water cans with me...both times we arrived on Friday and came back Sunday...both times had plenty of water (2 adults, 2 Kids)...It all depends on you. I would never travel far with my tanks filled...like Terry said...8.3lbs per gal...adds up pretty fast. I've had no water issues. FYI...one of the big selling points for me was the tank sizes on the rpod...good luck finding anything as big for the trailer size.
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 11:48pm
To conserve water:

1.  If it's yellow...let it mellow

2.  If it's brown...flush it down

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic