r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

backing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill-311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 2:07pm
Put a hitch on the front of the car. Don't have to be a high price one but when your ready to back into campsite. Don't use that myself but seen it done and seem to work great.
Bill-311
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 2:37pm
Now there's "Forward" thinking !!!!Thumbs Up
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by PodPatrol PodPatrol wrote:

Knowing Outbound, he'll make you do it yourself just so he can say
" See ..... I told ya you could do it !!! "

That is exactly what I'd do and say! Approve

You know me too well, Ted Tongue
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
photog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Bill-311 Bill-311 wrote:

Put a hitch on the front of the car. Don't have to be a high price one but when your ready to back into campsite. Don't use that myself but seen it done and seem to work great.

It works really great if your TV can handle it, we always had one on our motor homes to lunch the boat.
Heinrich and Elly

2010 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
Prime Time Tracer 205 M
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 10:54am
I've always thought a hitch would be good to have in the front for backing, but these new trucks are nothing but plastic in the front.  So that means a heavy install charge.  Really like the camera idea. 

I wonder if there is way to clip a camera on the of the truck for hitching up, then be able to move it to the back of the pod for backing.   I know the camera can transmit wireless, but how to power it.  I think they use power from the lights? Which means wire connections.  

Just some thoughts.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic