r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Handling The Sewer Hose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Handling The Sewer Hose
    Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 7:13pm
You will see a LOT of people handling their sewer hose with bare hands.  Watch them.  Then they go about doing whatever they do, touching their face, unhooking/hooking up water hose and sometimes they come over to you and shake your hand!  Talk about spreading bugs!  They sometimes wonder why the family spent their vacation sick as dogs!

Buy yourself some disposable plastic gloves.  Use them when ever you work with your sewer hose.  Take them off before touching anything.

Terry
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 10:45pm
A little Poo on the hands is ok...trust me I know I have 2 kids....ok just kidding I use the disposable gloves.....every time I dump my tanks I think of Meet the parents..."that there is our sh#t Ted...way to go Focker" Brings a smile to my face and makes a crappy job see not so crappy!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Wyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 7:06pm
Thanks for the reminder Terry, we also use latex gloves when handling the "blue slinky" and the faucet and rinse hose at the dump station.  In addition, after the sewer hose is stored, and the gloves are disposed of, we use Purell Hand Sanitizer before we handle the car keys, steering wheel, etc.  Better safe than sorry.
Wyn & Gail
R-171
Hudson Valley, NY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic