r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Larry’s 171 Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 12:48am
Larry great job and thanks for sharing.  We have the exact outdoor shower from our pop-up and used it this past summer in Rbug before we had access to water (it was parked on our vacant land with NO hook ups).  We bought a 2 1/2 gallon water jug used for a refrigerator and used it in the bathroom to shower with.  We bought a couple of gallons of water at Walmart and filled the jug up.  That little battery shower head works great.  We are keeping it for those emergency times.  We sold our "tent" shower because I prefer an indoor shower.  I found an extension rod from Ace Hardware that is long enough for the width of the Pod.  I'm just not sure how tight I can make it before it punches a hole in the walls...LOL.  Keep your mods coming and thanks for the pictures.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:04am

Pie Pod, I like New Brighton SB a lot; have camped there many times and enjoy camping right next to the ocean. I’ll take some pictures, will try to get some of Balboa Ave and Capitola for you, and will post them in the “R-Pod Adventures” section when I get back. Here’s a picture of New Brighton Beach from a previous camping trip.

Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:04am

Yizit, you don’t have to tighten it too tight; in fact mine is snug but not tight at all. I would advise against having the shower rod real tight! I also like the battery operated shower head, and like you, have also thought of using a container larger than 3 gallons.

Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:49am
Great job Larry! You have some really great "mods". Thank you for sharing. Some I have done myself, but where did you get the wire basket with the paper towell holder?
Have a fun and safe trip.

Maryjo

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 11:43am
Great job, Larry! Well thought out mods and I like that you used items you mainly had around from prior campers. Thanks for sharing.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 12:40pm

Maryjo, I got that wire basket with paper towel holder at Home Depot while I was shopping for something else; I’ve looked on-line at Home Depot's website but could not find it and have since destroyed the receipt so I don’t have and item number, but if I remember correctly it was about $15 and you can print out the picture, go to your local Home Depot and see if they have it on their shelves. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 4:00am

Pie Pod, I mis-spoke before; after checking my camping reservations for 2010 I will not be going to New Brighton SB until later this year. My trip next week will be 3-days at Half Moon Bay and 4-days at Morro Bay. I’ve got so many trips planned this year I have to double check where I’m going when. But I still hope to post some pictures of my camping adventures in the “RV Adventures” section. Ermm

Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 8:18am

One day, hopefully, I will get Ted to California with the R-Pod.  Those are really beautiful places and all I am familiar with..

I don't know if you use the camping as a base and then go off and site see...But, when you are at Morro Bay....if you are looking for a great Italian Restaurant, there is a place in Pismo Beach called Giuseppe's...They have the best Creme Brule....I think the last time I was there, I was with a girlfriend and we sat at the bar and sampled lots of things....(we were there for a long weekend and we ate there 2 nights)...everything was great...and, like I said, the creme brule was the best I have had.  It is definitely worth a side trip!
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:08am
Thanks Larry for the information. I am going shopping today, FoxyPod needs some new items and that wire basket is on the list. 

Maryjo

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
Mamajomba View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamajomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:16pm
Maryjo
I bought the same basket as Larry.  Like he did, I also attached it with 3M hangers, but I used ones with metal instead of plastic hooks.  The basket/paper towel holder is called a "laundry/utility wallmount basket."    The barcode number off my package is like this:   0    81492 38170   9
I'm no expert, but I think the first digit and the last digit are just some sort of check numbers and the only numbers that really matter are the 10 in the middle.

Mamajomba
Mamajomba
"just poddin along" in a
R-pod 177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic