r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Larry’s 171 Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the info, I went to our local Home Depot and they did not carry it, I think I will go to the one in the next town over. I did get a Fire Pit and an over the door mirror. So my trip was not completely wasted.................lol.

Maryjo

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
TXBoondocker1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXBoondocker1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 3:40pm
Larry, Thank you for the info and the pics, expecially the window in the door, We were wondering what a "rectangle" shaped one would look like, it goes with the existing windows and will ballance the pod.  We are currently waiting for warmer weather so we can get out and install the lifts on the botton bunk bed.  Our first outing this year is a month away..can't hardly wait.  Happy Podding, Carole
Steve & Carole
Scooter & Sophy(4 legged kids)
2010 RP-172 R-Pod "Rose Pod"
2008 Toyota 4Runner "Rose Pedal

How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are??
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 4:25pm

Carole, I must say that I am very pleased with the window in the door; it changes the whole ambiance of the pod, and yes, it does add some brilliance. If I had done anything different I would have asked them to install a window in the door which has a screen on it and opens like the other windows on the side of the pod, but I am very satisfied with what I got and it does complement the existing windows.

I asked the service person why it was that Forest River did not put windows in the door and was told that it would be and added cost to the pod. The window which I have in my door is a standard RV window.

Maryjo, all of the information which Mamajomba gave you is correct but I would just like to add the SKU# 253441 for this item. I was out earlier and stopped at Home Depot; they have a bunch of them on the shelves here, and I took one over to a clerk and asked if they could be ordered on-line. The clerk fiddled with her computer and then told me that they could not be ordered on-line but you can telephone Home Depot’s in your local area, give them all of the information, including the SKU#, and they can look it up to see if they have any in stock; this would save you some gas driving around.

But I’m glad to hear that you did get over-the-door hangers for your mirror; remember to use double sided adhesive tape with the hangers to secure the mirror to the door. Good luck to all of you in your mods.Smile

cybspod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybspod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 6:52pm
Larry,

I have been looking everywhere to get a door window like you installed but had no luck. Can you tell me where you found it?

Thank you

Cybele
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:14pm
Cybele
I have the same window in my door.  It was installed by my dealer.  I think it is a standard RV door.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
cybspod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybspod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:46am
I have been to 2 dealers around Montreal and no can do.
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:22am
Originally posted by cybspod cybspod wrote:

I have been to 2 dealers around Montreal and no can do.
My dealer is only 30 minutes from Fort Boonesborough. Big smile
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:24am
I've been thinking about Larry. I sure miss his posts. He must be on his trip to Alaska now. Just think of the wonderful trip reports we'll get on his return!
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Nellie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:36am
ka9nyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ka9nyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 2:43pm
Hi,all. Stupid question from a new R-Pod 177 owner: The lift blocks are welded-up from
flat stock. Is there a reason for this? I would think square tube stock would work
as well and is less labor intensive to fabricate.

Any info appreciated.

We signed to purchase our 2010 177 yesterday. Last weekend, we gave my
DD & SIL our '97 Jayco 1406 popup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic