r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Larry’s 171 Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 8:58pm
Hi Larry,

I have an r-pod 171 and want to add a swivel wheel on my jack also.  I think that I need a 2" diameter swivel wheel, (jack caster). Is that correct ? Also, where did you purchase yours ?  Did you have to drill new holes?

Thanks for your input...  Clap
Dockguy
Canton, NY
2011 R-pod 171 w/ 2005 Toyota Tundra
RCP
rons-pod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rons-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 12:44am
Dockguy,

You will need at least a 3". A 2" is going to get stuck in any rut or crack you try and push it over. 3" is a bare minimum, I would even look at 3.5 to 4". Will roll easier too.

-Ron-
Follow the Quest - MyWisdomQuest.com
2011 RP-171, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab TV
Gator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 5:53pm
Larry, I see in your photos of your pod that your hand rail is up against the door. Just a note
in case you are not aware if you travel with the hand rail in that position up against the door
the black rubber on the rail will rub off onto the door. I have met another podder on my last
camping trip that complained of it messing up her door. I told her to travel with it in the position
with it stored in the opposite position facing to the back of the pod and this way the rubber
on the hand rail does not rub against the pod.... Just a heads up for you.......
Gator & Tammy
2010 r-pod 177 "LoadeD"
'06 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 RED
Houma, La.
Gator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 6:01pm
Dockguy, I removed the jack that came with my 177 and put a swing away jack with a wheel.
these are great and what i like also about it is that you can now open your tailgate on the tow
vehicle with out hitting the jack.
Gator & Tammy
2010 r-pod 177 "LoadeD"
'06 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 RED
Houma, La.
cruzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 10:50am
Larry, all of your mods look great, but the window in the door takes first prize. I don't know why Forest River does not make this standard on all of their R-Pods. My question for you is where did you find a window? You said that you "had it installed," so perhaps the folks who did the work found it. I am 2,000 miles from CA, but if I can find a window on the net I can do the job myself.
Cruzer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic