r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st R-Pod 171 Trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark & Shelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st R-Pod 171 Trip
    Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 8:39am
We purchased our r-pod 171 from Jeff Couch's RV center late March 09. My first travel trailer ever. All of the folks at the RV Nation were very friendly & helpfull and I would reccomend the dealer to all of my friends and family. Anyway we took our first trip to Daytona,Fl from MD 2 weeks ago and had a blast!! We had a couple of minor issues but nothing a non mechanical person like myself couldn't overcome. We spent 7 nights on the road with our 90lb German Shepard "louie". He adapted very well, as did we. We are headed off to Richmond this wekend for the NASCAR race and will do our first couple of nights w/o hookups. We bought the Honda 2000w generator and expect that will take care of our electrical needs and we have water stowed in our 1998 Explorer to add to the pod once we settle in at our campsite (parking lot). Towing with the Explorer is a bit of a challange but we have agreed to run it till the wheels fall off. We get about 8MPG when traveling with the pod and we avaerage about 55mph.

Thanks for all of the tips and intel everyone has posted on this site; it has been very helpfull to me, Shelle & Louie.

I hope evryone enjoys there R-Pod as much as we do and I hope we continue to have the good luck with all of the "stuff" that comes along with owning a travel trailer.
Mark & Shelle, Mt Airy, MD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic