r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got our 172 today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got our 172 today
    Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 7:57pm

Hello together,

as of today I can call myself as a Rpod owner!!! This afternoon we picked our Rpod up and brought it home. I was surprised how easy it is to pull. Our old Camper was not running so smooth behind.

This weekend we will have our first trip with it Tongue. The kids love it already can't wait for the weekend.

Mik
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 7:58pm
Great News Mik ... Congrats !!!

Have a great weekend getting to know "your" Pod !
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 8:27pm
Congrats on your pod!!  I am sure you will have a great weekend!

take pictures!
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:17pm
Congratulations! You are gonna have so much fun ...
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 10:25am

A new pod!  What a wonderful thing. Smile  Enjoy!

takeabreath3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeabreath3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 3:57pm
lucky you!  i hope to be picking my 177 up on friday!!

peace and love, judy
Life isn't a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safe in a pretty well preserved body, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up totally worn out, loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:22am
Mik-Congratulations on your 172.  The kids will love it!  We took our 4 kids to Fort Wilderness in Disneyworld every winter for 3 weeks when they were growing up.  1 week was spent driving there and back from Northern Wisconsin.  They were the best vacations kids could ask for.  They still talk about them.  Teachers put together packets of school work for them.  I remember them learning math facts while waiting in line for rides.  Outdoor movies and sing alongs, tennis courts, 2 pools, beach, playgrounds...just a great time.  Kids love camping and it is such a great way to spend time with them.. Have fun, Linda and Ted
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
Mik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 8:17pm

We are back from our first trip with our new pod. We went to Lake Jocassee in SC. Everything worked out very well. We had a beautiful weather and the kids loved it. They really love the pod and even with it being so small, it's enough for all of us. Our Odyssey is pulling the pod very well. It was really a smooth and easy trip. I think the sway bar was a good investment. At the campground several people came by and asked about the pod and liked it. Interesting how many people are attracted to the pod.

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 8:54pm
Glad you had a great trip Mik !! The majority of Pods perform flawlessly, some have minor issues, a few have problems. The Pod doesn't require much from a Tow Vehicle, so as long as the driver doesn't either, things usually work out well.
They sure do attract some attention, don't they ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic