r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

172 bunk bed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcGuY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 172 bunk bed
    Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 7:51pm
Hello to everyone,
Does anyone know what is the maximum weight that can support the bunk bed in the 172 floor model.
I can not find this information on the Forest River site.
I thank you in advance.

Stephan,Genevieve & Edouard(4 yrs) Ousset
Beloeil, Qc, Canada
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 7:29am
The sales rep at Couch's told us it was unlimited!!  That is because, as he said, it is connected into the wall supports.  We have a 172 but my husband sleeps on the bottom bunk for safety sake.  He weighs 200+ so better safe than sorry.  The people at Couch's have been very reputable but we decided to assume it was not "unlimited". LOL
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 7:58am
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

The people at Couch's have been very reputable but we decided to assume it was not "unlimited".

Yeah, that's a pretty broad statement, I'd say.

I've been in the top bunk and it felt pretty sturdy for me at ~200# (actually a tad bit on the plus side.) Still, I normally sleep in the bottom bunk or in the converted dinette.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 9:22am
I would call FR directly and get the number answer you're looking for. Even if it's "unlimited" a 500 lbs person would not fit up there anyway.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
QcGuY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcGuY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 12:51pm
I sent an email to Forest River for the bunk beds capacity . Here's the answer:

"
The weight limits for the bunks are upper bunk 150lbs & lower bunk
200lbs
."

Thank you all ! Wink
Stephan,Genevieve & Edouard(4 yrs) Ousset
Beloeil, Qc, Canada
Bill & Greg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill & Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:40am
When we purchased ours they told us the upper was #250 and the lower was #200.  We have added a twin pillow top and a #215 person on the upper.  Its been a year, and I haven't found any damaged on the walls.     
2009 R-Pod 172, 2009 Ford F-150.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic