r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interview with r-pod regional sales manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview with r-pod regional sales manager
    Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 10:21am
We will be conducting an interview with Mike Dolowy, regional sales manager for the Forest River r-pod. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions that you would like Mike to address post them here...
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 12:22pm
For our use, it's just the two of us, we would have rather in place of the bunks in the 172 some additional storage cabinets with a bench seat.  Just some place to sit down and tie your shoes, someplace for someone to sit, etc.  We prefer to keep the dinette made up into a bed, but still have a table if it's raining outside.  We plan on revamping our 172 to accommodate our needs.  Just would have been nice not to have to do that ourselves Wink
duckbooklady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckbooklady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 2:24am
I posted a similar question/concern on the wish list forum:

I really like the 172 and it would best suit our family.  With this being the first year, though, I wonder if FR will use the '09 to "get the kinks out" and make improvements for '10?  For example, I see a potential improvement for the 172 in the bunk area.  If the top bunk could fold away during the day, there would be more livable space.

TFloyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TFloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 6:49pm
I absolutely agree about the bunks in the 172.  We are vaguely in the market for a small RV for the two of us, occasionally with one or two teenage kids who would be more likely to sleep in a separate tent than in the RV. 

We saw the 172 at a show at Global Value here in Fredericton, and both of us said as we walked into it that we could see ourselves living in it, but we immediately looked at the top bank and tried to figure out if it could be made to fold out of the way or be removed.

We would be much happier to have storage space for bulky, light items (spare bedding, lawn chairs, heavy jackets) than a full time top bunk. It would be ideal to be able to still make that bunk available in case of foul weather, but if the weather is that bad, one kid could sleep on the floor if necessary.  I'd love to see that area even made into a bank of cupboards or a single bed with storage under that could be used as extended seating.
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 8:03pm
Are there or will there be an awning available for the R-pods?  We are not interested in the screen room, for our purposes.  It says the screen room is easy and fast, but just how long does it take?  My past experience with screen rooms, is they weren't the hassle setting up for just an overnighter.
tks,
Darlene 
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 8:13pm
SmileYizit took me and my wife about20min to set up yhe screen room, but you will need a step stool unless you are very tall. Jim
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 8:39pm
Thanks....that's too long for me for an overnight stay.Shocked  Hope they  come up with an awning.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 8:58am
I have a rpod 172 and here are a couple suggestions:

1. It would be nice to have curtains to close off the bunks. Maybe even a curtain to section off the main bed. 
2. Make the shower a little bit wider...I would gladly give up a little floor space to be able to move around in the shower better. Even a couple inches would make a big difference.
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 9:00am
Yeah I wouldn't put up the rdome for an overnight stay...but it will provide much needed living space when camped for longer!
Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Linda Faust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Faust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 12:31pm
They make tension rods that are mountable without drilling holes.  Some are shower curtain lengths and others are for little cafe curtains.  In the drapery dept. they sell no sew rings that turn anything into a curtain without sewing.  I thought of putting a tension rod in the shower to hang a couple pieces of cloths because we won't use the shower often.  Linda
RPod 171 Rav 4
Happy Camping, Ted, Linda & our labradorable Gracie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic