r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need the experts to help me out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:21am
The Rdome gets easier with time.  1st time was miserable, had the dealer put it up and they had to widen the track.  Used silicon spray and now it's a breeze, with my wife and I and it takes about 15 minutes.  The main problem is letting it dry out the next day if there is due on it.  I am about 6' and we use no step ladder.  As Butterfly Lee said eariler, watch the wind, we had ours almost blow off last year at the roundup and Butterfly and some others saved it.  Butterfly also uses some straps and after collapsing the poles and ties hers to the tailer when she leaves (maybe she'll post some pictures).  Also someone else at the roundup had cut and Velcro the screen that runs on the bottom of the trailer so it seals around the wheel and step (again pictures would help illustrate).

The Miro wave-Convection oven is great.  Once my wife stared using it after getting tips at the roundup last year.  She can cook about anything in it and it really takes the place of an oven and is super convenient.

We put glad rap and a rubber band around the smoke detector when cooking.  The LP gas detector was a real pain for awhile It would just go off, and kept repeating after reseting several times.  The company sent replacements after I called them.  The new one seems ok.

Hope this helps.
Bill
turncoat3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turncoat3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:05pm
glad to see another 177 from NC.  we are located in Washington (little). I have set up the R dome twice in the driveway but have not found much use for it on the road.  If we were staying more that several days, I probably would set it up.  Love the 177 for two and the dog.
Ben & Lorrie
2010 RP177
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:14pm
We think the r-dome adds a lot of space to our camping set up.  We don't use it if we're only going to be somewhere for one night.  Otherwise, bring it on.  It goes up pretty easily after you have done it once or twice.  It's much more private than an awning, or you can put the sides up for the open feel.
The best best thing for me is the convection microwave.  I had never used one and found it to be a true marvel.  It's like having a conventional oven.  Wish I had one in my house. 
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:48am
I didn't appreciate the smoke alarm going off when cooking, either.  I tried opening the window(s) closest to the cooking top and running the bath ceiling fan.  But that seemed to pull odors from the kitchen into the bath.  I ended up buying a very light weight (plastic housing) fan which could be hung facing outward on the kitchen window. 
tsunami
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:54am
We just stick the smoke detector in the refrigerator until we're done cooking.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 9:25pm
Sounds like a plan, Steve!!!  I like it.  LOL

Becky
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 7:31pm
Cold detector!Embarrassed
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic