r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Towing with a Subaru

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towing with a Subaru
    Posted: 04 May 2009 at 3:25pm
My husband and I are hoping to by a small trailer to pull with our 2005 Sabaru Outback.  We have looked at and considered the T@B, but upon discovering the R-Pod (online).  Has anyone successfully and safely pulled a 151 with a Subie?
Becky
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 1:58am
It should be okay.  Check the owners manual about towing though.

Terry
rmaco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:55am
We were just discussing this at the end of this thread.

TattieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TattieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:35am
I, too was hoping to tow with my 2000 Outback. It has a new used tranny. There are a couple of posts on here relating to my questions. Ultimately, I called the mechanic who installed this new used tranny looking to hear what is realistic vs. what I was hoping to hear. and he said it would be too much for the car. He likened it to putting a 100lb wastecan around my waist and I'd have to haul it around all day!!!! I adore my subie and decided I didn't want that for it! He also mentioned that the best car/truck/SUV he's not done a lot of work on was the Chevy Trailblazer! Good luck!
Tattie
JJ2SPIRIT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJ2SPIRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 11:43am
Cry  I PICKED UP MY 151 WITH MY 2004 TURBO FORESTER...HOPING IT WOULD NOT STRAIN IT TOO MUCH AS WEIGHT LIMIT TOWING IS 2400...MY POD WAS EMPTY AND WITH MY WEIGHT AND PASSENGER I FELT IT WAS TOO MUCH. I LOVED MY SUBIE,BUT TRADED FOR A TOYOTA FOUR RUNNER V6...SEEMS TO BE OK EXCEPT BAD BRAKE PULSATING WITH TRAILER BEHIND IT,DON'T KNOW IF BCOZ OF NEW BRAKES ON TRAILER THAT NEED "BROKEN" IN,RUNNER OK WHEN NOT TOWING. Confused  
rmaco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by JJ2SPIRIT JJ2SPIRIT wrote:

Cry  I PICKED UP MY 151 WITH MY 2004 TURBO FORESTER...HOPING IT WOULD NOT STRAIN IT TOO MUCH AS WEIGHT LIMIT TOWING IS 2400...MY POD WAS EMPTY AND WITH MY WEIGHT AND PASSENGER I FELT IT WAS TOO MUCH. I LOVED MY SUBIE,BUT TRADED FOR A TOYOTA FOUR RUNNER V6...SEEMS TO BE OK EXCEPT BAD BRAKE PULSATING WITH TRAILER BEHIND IT,DON'T KNOW IF BCOZ OF NEW BRAKES ON TRAILER THAT NEED "BROKEN" IN,RUNNER OK WHEN NOT TOWING. Confused  

Do you have a time-based output electric brake controller or a inertia-activated electric trailer brake controller? It sounds like something may be wrong if it pulsating when braking.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic