r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Wheel & Foot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popgoesweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 12:17pm
We just ordered the foot and wheel also to have with us for the trip to the ERU.

Having trouble finding the stabilizer info on the domar web site.
tedbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:00pm
I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but unless your jack cranks up higher than mine does (or you plan to cut a few inches off of it) that wheel will be touching the ground even when the jack is fully retracted.  I added a caster to mine last year, and while it allowed me to move the r-pod around, once I hooked up to my vehicle the wheel touched the ground...

... and if you DO plan to cut the jack a bit shorter then I fear that it will not crank up high enough to back your vehicle under, and once it's cut you can't put it back on.

FYI, I did install a side-mounted swivel jack which worked well but only on very hard surfaces, so I took it off.
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:57pm
tedbear:  The wheel and pad I got are removable/interchangable.  I don't know what the clip is called, but depending on the need before I take the pod off the TV I would put one of these on.  (i.e. if I'm going to use the wood block I use the pad, if I think i may need to roll the pod I'll put on the wheel).  They both come off and go into the tool box I have mounted next to the battery, along with all the other things you need for hitching up/locking/stablizing. 

I remeber a post (yours I think) earlier about putting on the caster and having to cut the pipe, which is why I like this interchangeable setup as a solution.
As I've said before "those who can't do.....SHOP" Tongue
 (ladies are you with me on that one)LOL

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
tedbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 2:58pm
... good information... I just don't want people thinking that they can put the caster on and leave it on permanently, though we all wish that was possible.  Maybe someone makes a replacement jack that would do the job (besides a side-mounted swivel jack, which does work).
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by popgoesweasel popgoesweasel wrote:

Having trouble finding the stabilizer info on the domar web site.

http://domarproducts.com/stabilizerjack.html
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:46pm
Its definitely a question of balance .....

The only time Id use the wheel is when on level solid ground. The foot is whats mostly on it and it doesnt take up much clearance, but i remove it anyway when towing.
Interchangable is what I like about the foot and wheel we ordered from Domar!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic