r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jacking-up the rpod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabuol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jacking-up the rpod
    Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 3:38pm
Hello rpodders,

Here is a dealership answer to my ? : Just how does one jack-up an Rpod to change a flat tire or whatever ??

answer:

It is recommended that the trailer be jacked up on the frame rail just behind the tire.It is also important that you use safety stands also on the frame when performing this job.

Any reaction to this ?.....I thought you could jack with a bottle jack under the axle. So be warned !

Rabuol

Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 4:48pm
Quote Any reaction to this ?

That would be very difficult on the street side as the sewer connectors are in the way

Quote .....I thought you could jack with a bottle jack under the axle. So be warned !

I wouldn't: it looks like it would be very easy to bend the axle.

Personally, when I did my bearings, I put a scissor jack just ahead of the tire and placed jackstands closer to the front and rear of the trailer just in case the jack failed.

Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic