r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod Owners Registry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by wbillar wbillar wrote:

I was surprised how easy my wife was able to drive towing.  Just need to have her learn to back up and my life will be care free.

My wife does back trailers and she does better than I do but don't tell her I said that.  She always backed our boat trailer into the water so I could drive our sailboat off and on the trailer.  I don't know where the idea that women can't back a trailer comes from.
Maybe they just don't want to. Wink
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 4:03pm
Dont worry Sandpiper, we wont tell her you said that ... LOL
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 9:13am
Clap
I feel like a gray haired kid. We're leaving to pick up the new 171 from Camperland in Conroe, TX. That is, we'll leave as soon as my Honey gets done with her shower and girl stuff.

While we're there we're going to pick up the front stabilizer jacks, Oxygenics shower head and a few other goodies. Ya can't go into the candy store without buying some candy.

Our first trip in the 171 will be to a local state park. We'll leave Friday. Wooo hooo!
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
lelliot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lelliot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 10:20pm
many years ago we too lived in Corpus Christi

For years we had a little casita travel trailer and my wife would tow it.  Now back to something she feels comfortable with. 

Larry
photog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Yak Driver Yak Driver wrote:

Clap
I feel like a gray haired kid. We're leaving to pick up the new 171 from Camperland in Conroe, TX. That is, we'll leave as soon as my Honey gets done with her shower and girl stuff.

While we're there we're going to pick up the front stabilizer jacks, Oxygenics shower head and a few other goodies. Ya can't go into the candy store without buying some candy.

Our first trip in the 171 will be to a local state park. We'll leave Friday. Woo Hoo!

Front stabilizer jacks are standard in 2010, Congrats on the new trailer, good luck and good podding.

Take care,
Heinrich and Elly

2010 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
Prime Time Tracer 205 M
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 12:41am
YakDriver..Conroe Tx, I was there in October for my daughter's marriage, and saw that dealer on the way out of town.  

My 2010 was made in July 09 and it did not have front stabilizers, I think of because of the forum they added the front stabilizers in Aug or Sep.   

With or without stablizers Welcome all

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
photog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee Butterfly_Lee wrote:

YakDriver..Conroe Tx, I was there in October for my daughter's marriage, and saw that dealer on the way out of town.  

My 2010 was made in July 09 and it did not have front stabilizers, I think of because of the forum they added the front stabilizers in Aug or Sep.   

With or without stablizers Welcome all

LeeClap

Could very well be, our unit was built in November 09

Take care,
Heinrich and Elly

2010 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
Prime Time Tracer 205 M
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 8:09am
I'm sure my wife will also back the trailer much better than I do once she gets a little practice.  We are usually in a hurry when we find a camp site or return home (frequently in the dark).  She took to towing the trailer much better than I did.  Anyway, we are really getting the bug to go camping.
Bill
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by YakDriver YakDriver wrote:

Clap

Our first trip in the 171 will be to a local state park. We'll leave Friday. Wooo hooo!

Be sure to use the little black rubber washer with the shower head !!! Embarrassed 
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 6:47pm
Thumbs Up  Wooo hooo!!!!!

Picked up the new baby (171) yesterday. Spent the rest of the day sorting and loading the goodies from the old Casita. First mod - Oxygenics shower head - was done before we even flushed the fresh water tank -  and boy does that thing put out some pressure. The next mod tonight will be to add the valve to fresh water dump.

Later this week I'll add the front stabilizer jacks. A couple of the 177 units had them, but I guess my unit was manufactured before FR got wise. Cry

Can't wait to pull out of here on Friday. I'm having fits waiting. The honey, however, has to work until 4:00, so I guess we'll have a late check in at the state park.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic