r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping Recipes and Food Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baked Onions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penny-podding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baked Onions
    Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 6:51pm
Ingredients for Georgia Baked Onions:

As many Vidalia onions as you have people to feed
Butter
Beef Bullion Granules
Aluminum foil

Cut the ends off the onions and peel off the outer skins. Cut a shallow hole in the top of the onion and wet each in a square of aluminum foil that will completely cover the onion. Place a pat of butter in the hole and add about 1/2 teaspoon of the beef bullion. Replace the little top you cut out and tightly wrap the onion in the foil. (mine usually end up looking like candy kisses) Place the wrapped onions on the grill or in the coals to cook for about 30 minutes. When you open them up, you will have a wonderfully juicy, sweet, beefy onion. Great with steaks or chicken!!

The Penny-Pod is on the road!
Penny & Russell
R-Pod 172
2006 Ford Expedition - Darth Vedar!
Daystarsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daystarsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:19am
Ooooooooo!  That sounds good.  Big smile
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:24am
Sounds Great !!!
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:18am
It sounds really great...I have a similar thing that I have done in the past but I think I will try this one!
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 8:46pm
I love Vadalia onions.  Tongue
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

happyrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 6:43pm
Man that sounds great!!  Will we be smelling them at the Rally??!!  Thumbs Up
Space 37
Captain John View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 6:01am
Wow!!!  Love those onions and can't wait to try your way.  Can't wait to Spring.  Going to Krogers and Buying onions.Smile  Thanks
Wine a bit? You'll feel better!
Jestforpun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jestforpun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:12pm
You are making my mouth water.  I just purchased a small crockpot and think I need to make onion soup or your recipe...anything onion...tomorrow!
The Jester Queen, traveling with her husband, Left Brain and their cat, She Devil. Follow their adventures at http://lifeinacannedham.blogspot.com
Puppy Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppy Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 12:22pm
This sounds wonderful. We'll try it next time we're out. We like to do steak on the grill so this will work perfectly!
Hal, Dianne and pups
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 12:41pm
Puppy Pod, 

You don't even need to use beef bullion.  A friend of mine showed me this way.   Cut one end off of the onion so the onion will lay flat on the grill.  Put spice rub on onion.  Put onion directly on the grill for 5 minutes.  Then, take the onion off the grill, wrap it in foil, and put it back on the grill.  Cook for 30 minutes.  The onion has enough moisture in it that you don't really need the butter.  

Note to self.....I need to make these again....its been a while!
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic