r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping with Pets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kentucky camprounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnppod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kentucky camprounds
    Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:39am
My husband and I own a 175 which we purchased last year. We have enjoyed all of our camping adventures in it. Now we are considering where we could go for our first trip out for the year and are hoping to take a long weekend. Kentucky is not too far from us, and I thought I had read some posts about good campgrounds there, but nothing came up in my search. We live on the east side of Nashville in Mt Juliet. Any recommends on Kentucky campgrounds? Thanks mj tnppod
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by tnppod tnppod wrote:

My husband and I own a 175 which we purchased last year. We have enjoyed all of our camping adventures in it. Now we are considering where we could go for our first trip out for the year and are hoping to take a long weekend. Kentucky is not too far from us, and I thought I had read some posts about good campgrounds there, but nothing came up in my search. We live on the east side of Nashville in Mt Juliet. Any recommends on Kentucky campgrounds? Thanks mj tnppod
Mj
I live in Kentucky and can tell you that there are many good parks in our state.  Neat and clean bath houses.  You are very near Western Kentucky.  We have not camped there but there are several campgrounds that should be good.  I hear that Land Between the Lakes is nice.  Barren River has two nice campgrounds.  We have driven through them.  One is a state park and the other is federal.   The Federal campground has a lot of sites on the lake but I don't remember many trees.  Also Mamouth Caves has a campground.  I remember someone on here talking about going there. If you are interested in camping near I 75, Levi Jackson State Park is known to be a nice park.
Enjoy your trip.
Pepper
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic