r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our R-Pod 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our R-Pod 172
    Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 8:09pm

R-Pod 172

Things we Love:
1.Size & Weight...our Jeep can pull it!
2. Tank sizes for a small camper...35 gallons for all.
3. It is impossible to find in a camper this size.
4. It has bathroom/shower/fridge/air/heat/tv.
5. Bunk beds are huge...an adult can sleep well in one of these.
6. Awning/screen room...gives you much needed space.
7. I can power it using a 2000W generator.

I'll post some more pics soon.

Craig
R-Pod 172
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 8:34pm
I just wanted to add...We purchased our R-Pod from Couch's RV Nation in Hamilton, Ohio. I drove to Ohio from Phoenix, AZ because they had the best prices on R-Pods. Buying from them really saved me thousands of dollars. Check out their website..http://www.couchsrvnation.com

I would buy from them again and most likely will in the future.
Craig
R-Pod 172
dixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 9:49am
We recently purchased our new R-Pod from Country Campers in Lake Mills, WI. There price was only a few hundred dollars more than the dealer in Ohio.  They are also located less than an hour from my house if I ever need service.  With this much stuff on a new trailer something is bound to need service. 
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 2:34pm
That's cool...I wish I could have purchased ours here in Phoenix. Have you had a chance to take yours out yet? I slept in ours on the way back from Ohio. Our first family outing will be in a couple of weeks.
Craig
R-Pod 172
bradleyball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradleyball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 10:08pm
I am considering the purchase of a 172.  Did you pay the price on the web site ($11,995)?  Any room to negotiate?  Thanks.
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 7:51am
I paid the price on the website.
Craig
R-Pod 172
NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 9:24am
Same here ... they beat my NY dealer by $3 grand, it was worth going to get it.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodcamper.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 9:58pm
We ordered a 171 for our Dealer Stoltzfus RV's in Adamstown Pa and paid pretty close to what you are seeing on Ebaymotors.com  The nice part is I do not need to travel so the few bucks more ($138) was well worth it.  We also added a few other options and picked our Fabric so the wife is happy. 
Peter

www.rpod-owners.com The only r-pod forum owned, operated and maintained by r-pod owners.
capringl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capringl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 9:14am

Yeah I tried to get a rpod in AZ but none of the forest river dealers carried them and nobody would order one for me. I guess the rpod is actually under the Surveyor series and the dealer has to be a FR Surveyor dealer in order for them to be able to order...at least that's what I got out of it.

Craig
R-Pod 172
NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 9:36am
That's interesting.. I know the guy at RV Nation told me that they were built in the same factory as the surveyor - that does not mean you have limited service- I asked and ANY forest river dealer can do service work on the r-pod not just ones that sell it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic