r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

best place around CO to buy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acoustic5679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best place around CO to buy?
    Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 9:57am
Hi guys!  This forum seems great and because of this site I am probably siding with the Rpod over the MPG and others.  I have read quite few posts on price for new and I was curious if anyone in Colorado has gotten any local dealers to get close to Couches prices?  I thought I saw a post about someone getting a 172 for around 12k up in Casper WY.        

I want to get the 177 and I originally planned on driving out to Couches and possibly road trippin the Park line HWY, but driving up to Casper from Dillon, CO would be way easier and cheaper.

Also - what are the fees involved with buying out of state (IE WY)?  Do I pay sales tax for WY or when I register it back in CO?  Would I need to buy a temporary WY license?  Thanks for all the help guys!
Acoustic man

desperately want a 171 or 177
2004 Mitz Endeavor
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 9:08am
We live in IL and we bought at Couches.  We paid sales tax in IL when we registered the Pod.  We got a temporarly Ohio plate when we picked it up.  I am sure it would be similar for you if you bought in Wy and live in CO.
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 8:50am
Howdy,

I made the trip to Couch's to purchase our 172 last July- well worth the trip.  Dealerships here in Colorado wanted $5-6 K more for a 172 that wasn't fully loaded- no microwave, no awning, etc.

We have had our 172 out only once since, but everything worked like a charm.

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 8:53am
Sorry, forgot to mention that we did pay $1,100 in sales tax and registration when I returned to Colorado- no sales tax in Ohio, but they'll make sure you pay when you come back to Colorado.

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
Pie_Pod View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie_Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 9:42am
It was the same for us...we paid sales tax in IL and it was about $1000.
~cindy (Pod_Patrol's Girl)
tedbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 9:42am
I'm in Omaha and bought from A.C. Nelsen here in town.  They matched the price Couch's was offering and saved me the hassle and expense of a trip to Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic