r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are these?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are these?
    Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 10:38am

About 3/4 inch diameter.

They were in a zip lock bag with our paperwork. I thought maybe they were the snaps to the r-dome, but those are in the package with the r-dome. The only option we didn't take was the television/DVD player. Is it possible this was supposed to be for that installation?
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Phil H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 11:25am
I thought they had something to do with the fridge but wasn't sure.
2010 R-pod 171 (sold)
2010 Surveyor SV251 towed by a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 11:54am
I don't know either.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.
We have a couple of rectangular things that look like filters of some sort that were in our info packet.  I think they go on the air conditioner some where but I didn't waste my time looking very long.

I really believe that sometimes people on the production line say to each other. "Hey let's drive this new owner nuts" by throwing in some left over stuff and we go crazy trying to figure out what it is for.
And after our plant tour I'm confident there are some impish folks  there that might do something like that.

I know of one case where a new car (FORD) owner heard a rattle every time he turned the car to the right.  After several unsuccessful trips to the dealer to have it fixed and "OLD" mechanic  tore the left side door apart and in the bottom of the door was a coke bottle with a piece of paper in it.  The mechanic fished the paper out and it was a note from a production person asking
" How long did it take you to find this? " Evil Smile  True story.

So put the baggy somewhere you won't forget where it is and go about your business.  If something shows up down the road missing four screws or four holes appear with out covers you know where to look for them.Smile

ps:  Phil is probably right.  They may be used when the door handles are moved from one side to the other for different installations.  Just like your home refrigerator.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 4:57pm
We found the same things in the manilla envelope that had the fridge manual.  I just put them into my notebook under "fridge". 
Sandpiper, those rectangualr things go into the air conditioning.  I read it in the manual.  It says that you should not run the air conditioner without the filters.  If they are rounded on one end, they are the filters.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 7:10pm
Gosh it's nice that someone actually reads manuals. Thanks Pepperpod.

Now can you tell me what those two clear plastic tray type things are in the refrigerator? They look as if they should be inserted somewhere, but I can't figure out where. Maybe I'll have to look at the manual too.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 8:21pm
Peggy
The only clear tray like things I have in my fridge are inserted into the slots on the door.  Take a picture of the trays so that we can figure out what they are.  By the way, I love that little fridge. Clap I have been using a cooler in my popup for 20 plus years.
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

We found the same things in the manilla envelope that had the fridge manual.  I just put them into my notebook under "fridge". 
Sandpiper, those rectangualr things go into the air conditioning.  I read it in the manual.  It says that you should not run the air conditioner without the filters.  If they are rounded on one end, they are the filters.

Thanks pepperpod.  Yup, they are rounded on one end so now I will have to figure out how to install them.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Sandpiper Sandpiper wrote:

Thanks pepperpod.  Yup, they are rounded on one end so now I will have to figure out how to install them.

Sandpiper,
If you find that those things don't go in the air conditioner, let me know.  I have already put them in. LOL    And don't tell my husband!!!!!Big smile

R Pod 172

Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 11:37pm

Originally posted by Sandpiper Sandpiper wrote:

Sandpiper,
If you find that those things don't go in the air conditioner, let me know.  I have already put them in. LOL    And don't tell my husband!!!!!Big smile

What are you talking about ?Confused

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 1:32am
From the get-go they just looked like they would go in the AC... How, I had no idea !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic