r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pets attending the Eastern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 2:47pm

Pepperpod is correct about the beach area.  It is still in existence and your dog can swim in the river.  I think you can fish also, but I don't know what you'll catch.

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:36pm
Hercules was first (he had a mate for a while Zena), he is getting old (born 2001) and doesn't move as quick as he use to.  I got Wendy as a puppy so Hercules has always been the leader other than me.  Spot is a rescue/runaway who stayed, but seems to submit to Hercules and even Wendy. All three have been Spray/Neuter so all three are on the same level.

However just this week we had an issue with food (Spot had been going to other's bowls) and Hercules let him know he was still in charge of his own food.  So now I just monitor the bowls a little closer and pick up when they stop eating.  First tassle in a year.

Wendy will be three this summer and have no idea how old SPOT is.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by tabkld93 tabkld93 wrote:

Pepperpod is correct about the beach area.  It is still in existence and your dog can swim in the river.  I think you can fish also, but I don't know what you'll catch.

Do you know if the river is good for kayaking?  Sea kayaks--so without whitewater.   Can you put in at this beach area?  We are considering bringing the kayaks if there is someplace to put in and take out.  Panzer loves kayaking--now if I could just get her to paddle.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:07pm

Do you know if the river is good for kayaking?  Sea kayaks--so without whitewater.   Can you put in at this beach area?  We are considering bringing the kayaks if there is someplace to put in and take out.  Panzer loves kayaking--now if I could just get her to paddle.
[/QUOTE]

Brin,
You can call the main park office at the Fort and they will be able to tell you if you can kayak on the river.  I know that at one place there is a lock which is no longer used.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
sunylove View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunylove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 9:34pm
I felt in love with Panzer:)
Less space, less things, more life!
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 9:34am
Originally posted by sunylove sunylove wrote:

I felt in love with Panzer:)

Big smile  Panzer loves everyone.  Well, not all dogs, but all people.

R-pod 175, 2009
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:18pm
I know the lock is upriver from the beach area. 

Here is the name and number from the website:
859-527-3131
Park Manager: Phil Gray

You can also email the campground manager.  His name is Jack and he is great to work with on the roundup.  booncamp@bellsouth.net

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by tabkld93 tabkld93 wrote:

I know the lock is upriver from the beach area. 

Here is the name and number from the website:
859-527-3131
Park Manager: Phil Gray

You can also email the campground manager.  His name is Jack and he is great to work with on the roundup.  booncamp@bellsouth.net

Thanks so much.  I called and spoke to someone who said that they have boats to rent and that you can bring your own to launch and should be able to navigate back up the river.  I hope she knew what she was talking about as she seemed a little unsure.  
R-pod 175, 2009
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:20pm
I found a dog park near Fort Boonesborough State Park - The Judy Rains Memorial Dog Park in Richmond. We will be there daily while in the area.

We felt like fools getting a young beagle mix at our age. We couldn't keep up with him until we discovered dog parks. An hour running with other dogs ensures we'll have a peaceful rest of the day.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:42pm
It looks like we will be bringing our son's Boston Bull Terrier with us.  Our son has National Guard training during the month of June and we are Grandpup sitting. Big smile  We have never taken a dog camping with us so it should be an experience.  We may need a lot of advice.

The boats are launched to the lower side of the lock.  As far as we know, the lock is not in working order so you will have to travel downstream.  I could be wrong. I spoke to the manager at the park.  He said that there is a beach and dogs are welcome to swim in the water (but not humans).

Richmond is not very far from the campground.  The dogpark sounds like a great idea.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic