r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pets attending the Eastern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

It looks like we will be bringing our son's Boston Bull Terrier with us.  Our son has National Guard training during the month of June and we are Grandpup sitting. Big smile  We have never taken a dog camping with us so it should be an experience.  We may need a lot of advice.

The boats are launched to the lower side of the lock.  As far as we know, the lock is not in working order so you will have to travel downstream.  I could be wrong. I spoke to the manager at the park.  He said that there is a beach and dogs are welcome to swim in the water (but not humans).

Richmond is not very far from the campground.  The dogpark sounds like a great idea.

Make sure you have identification on the dog's collar for someone that can be reachable (microchips are also a good second identification method).  Make sure that the dog has current flea and tick  and heartworm prevention.  Also, I carry my dog's rabies  vaccination certificate with me.   Try the dog out in the camper while you are still at home if the dog is a nervous traveler.  Some dogs love camping.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 6:49pm

Thanks Brin.  I know that he has his shots but I am not sure if there is identification on his collar.  He travels well.  We have taken him to visit his human brothers. Big smile  They are 5 and 3 and also want to come to the rally.  Wow, what a Podful that would be.

Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Dongie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dongie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:08am
We're bringing our 2 dogs -- a German Shepherd and a Blue Weimaraner.  
Don & Angie
tnppod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnppod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 12:12pm
We will bring our two longhaired dachshunds. Liezel and Franz.
tnppod
penny-podding View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penny-podding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 4:58pm
We will be traveling with our weimy-doby mix, Mandy. She is a true velcro dog and LOVES to chase the ball. We've not left her alone in the camper yet. Thinking about getting a soft-side crate since she uses a kennel at home to sleep in. We have taken her twice and she sleeps on the bottom bunk of our 172. I would be really up set though if we left her for a shower and came back to a scratched up screen door.

The Penny-Pod is on the road!
Penny & Russell
R-Pod 172
2006 Ford Expedition - Darth Vedar!
Nellie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 6:22pm

Nellie will be there with me, she is always with me!  I will be joining you at the dog park.

sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 11:31am
You guys are going to make us miss our dogs!  Can we pet yours?
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 1:54pm
When U can't be with the one U luv, luv the one your with.
K9Equine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K9Equine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 9:29pm
Not bringing any dogs. Taking the weekend off from the kennel. My employees can manage the 20 kennel runs at home, I hope! No horses either...no 5 AM feed times, no training sessions.....sleeping in......how does that work?????
K9Equine
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 6:03am
It'll come to you quickly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic