r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12V receptacle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12V receptacle
    Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 4:55pm
Can anyone tell me if there's a 12V receptacle (cigarette lighter style) inside the Pod (especially the 177 Pod)? I'll need one for my pump to inflate the air bed.

Thanks,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 5:06pm
No, but they can be added !
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 5:06pm
Ratdog
No there isn't any 12 V receptacles in the Pods but it wouldn't be too difficult to add one or two. 
Do a search because I'm sure someone has installed some and have posted pictures but I don't remember who.  Look in the modifications section.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
clevispin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clevispin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 12:30pm
By the way, one advantage of adding one of these is that it allows you to use an inverter which converts DC from the battery into AC for use my small things like radios and fans.

Inverters are not very efficient. They use a lot of DC battery power to generate modest amounts of AC power. But when I'm dry camping, it's great to be able to stick a box fan in the window and quickly cool the Pod off in the evening after travelling in the sun all day.

Tom
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 12:58pm
My 172 came with one in the cabinet above the stovetop.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by HuronSailor HuronSailor wrote:

Opps I stand corrected. 
My 177 doesn't have any or not that I have found.  May add one if we find a need for it.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 2:22pm

So did my 2009 RP171.  Mine's incorporated with the power booster for the television antenna.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
tedbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 4:43pm
I put one in, wired it into the converter and gave it its own fuse - don't use it much, but very handy to have when I need it for charging my cell phone, etc.
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 5:16pm
12V access is always a great "option" (mod) !!
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

So did my 2009 RP171.  Mine's incorporated with the power booster for the television antenna.

Thats interesting Outbound .... on one wall plate we have an AC outlet and the other plate is the cable/sat connections with the booster light/button. In my unit the booster is powered via the 12V leg. (comes on when AC is not present).

So, do you think that your 12V socket is tied in with the TV antenna booster 12V power wiring ??? (just curious)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic