r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rain Fell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Rain Fell
    Posted: 10 May 2009 at 11:24am
   We took our vacation left s.w.fla. drove to Couch"s rv to pick up our rpod 171. On way up with our saturn 26 to 28 mpg. When we pulled the trailer 10 mpg. We camped at Heuston woods state park three days. Had to return to dealer for repairs twice. Three of the four windows were jammed very difficult to open or close. The water pump was taking in air and would not turn off by itself. One cabinet door the ketch was never secured by screws. The back window had a stream of water leaking in. Forest River should inspect their trailers before leaving the factory. After leaving Ohio everything worked well. Stayed with friends in Kentucky the rain kept falling so we decided not to camp and stayed in their home 4 days. Left for tenn. Tims ford state park camped 4 days rained 2 out of four. Left for home. With all the rain 9 days out of 12, and the problems with the trailer it was a good trip. The rain made  everything fresh and green and kept the temperature cool. The rpod we liked, what we liked best was how well it pulled and handled very well no need for swaybar. The trailer was not small but yet not to big we like the floorplan of the 171. Once home we had another problem the valve blasted out the water inlet no water preasure in camper. Dealer is mailing new part . Would we recommend the rpod  the answer would be yes. I think in time problems will be worked out. What we plan on changinging is the blinds they are noisy and clips I removed they were sharp and tore our mattress. We will replace with shades or curtains. The folding table , the legs we will change at least hinges they kept bending. What we thought was a little noisy was the AC , furnance, and water pump. That was our trip and our review. We would like to thank all at forest river for designing and building the rpod. Also we thank everyone at Couch"s rv they were very kind and helpful, great place to buy a rv. I hope they are as nice and helpful here in s.w.fla. Smile David and Danette
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 7:05pm
Sounds like a typical vacation for my husband and I, always rain....LOL.  A rainy vacation is still better then a bad day at work.  Glad you still had a good time.  Sorry to hear you had issues with your R-Pod.  Sounds like Couch RV came through for you.  Hope you have better luck in the future.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
billydkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billydkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:31am
Sounds familiar...........At least you had a good dealer to help!  No luck with that for me?  I love my 172;however, I found some open exposed area underneath at area corners come together. Double check yours and make sure its sealed well. Mine were exposed and wood was showing.

The RPOD is great and we love it! Like you, it will be better when I get thru the issues.  Happy Trails.........Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic