r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp ground review and recommendations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wallping?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunylove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wallping?
    Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:16pm
We planned to maybe stop on a Wallmart for our first night of vacation, on our way.
Is anyone or you ever tryed it? Any recommandations? We will be beetween New York and Cape May. Can it be dangerous???
Less space, less things, more life!
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:49pm
sunylove
We haven't tried it yet but there are campers staying overnight often at our local Wal Mart.  It is a very good idea to go to the service desk when you arrive and ask them if they allow overnighting and if so where they would like for you to park.  This does two things .  You are assured it is OK to stay over night (some Wal Marts don't allow it) and it allows them to alert security that someone is in the parking lot all night.
Good luck on your trip.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:23am
My brother uses Flying J for his overnight stopovers while travelling.  They are friendly to RVs - have water and free dumping available.  You can find their locations in their website.
Mary
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by sunylove sunylove wrote:

We planned to maybe stop on a Wallmart for our first night of vacation, on our way.
Is anyone or you ever tryed it? Any recommandations? We will be beetween New York and Cape May. Can it be dangerous???

Being from Canada I noticed one of you Countrypersons said it was easlier to get across the boarder if you had reservations (i think he said one night).

Personally, I've stayed at Wallmart and Flying J's.  Also you can get a gas card from flying j that will give you a couple of cents off each gal of gas.  I think you can apply online.  I've had mind for many years.  On long trips very few cents add up.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
sunylove View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunylove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:41pm
Thanks to all of you!
Less space, less things, more life!
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:48pm
We are going to try the Walmart or Flying J thing too on this trip.  I did read that if you stay in a Walmart parking lot -  park under a light.  It may be annoying when you go to bed but just close your blinds or curtains.  Safer than being in a dark corner.  And yes, do ask first.  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

bob & Linda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob & Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:05am

The times we stayed was just a spot for the night and there were already lots of campers there.  We made sure to patronize the store as as thank you for the spot.

r-Pod 171
2010 Toyota Tacoma
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic