r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 2nd Annual r pod Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:17pm
Cybspod, Would you be willing to go a little farther west for a plant tour? I know it's a long way for you. Couldn't you come for a longer period of time? There's all kinds of things to do in that area and Shipshewana and nappane are close by. That's where you can do a lot of Amish shopping. Please, please.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:18pm
Sandpiper, why don't we find out when they are manufacturing the r-pod for the next year and see what we can come up with?

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 9:26pm
Well I'm moving as quickly as I can. I contacted the plant today and the answer I received was the Production schedule for June 2011 won't be known until May 1, 2011.  So we will have to try plan "B" what ever that is.  Certainly we can't wait until May 2011 to schedule the Roundup.

I also asked about group size and if children are allowed in the plant.
An ideal group size would be approx 20 at a time.  So more than one tour time would have to be scheduled.  Trade off of pet sitters would be possible.

Unfortunately no children are allowed in the plant.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 11:49am
The geographical center of the lower 48 states lies outside of Lebanon, Kansas, in the middle of a hog farm. Big smile

Now that's too funny.  If it's to be a national rally then the midwest.  Otherwise I'd prefer half way down the eastern seaboard on the ocean!

In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

Mrs. 'Piper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. 'Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:39pm
I think when people are suggesting places to have the next round-up, it would also be nice if people would add whether or not they are willing to be the organizers should a location near them be chosen.  It doesn't really matter where we choose to go, but if someone or a few someones aren't willing to organize it, it will never get off the ground.
Mrs. 'Piper (Anne)
Sandpiper (Carroll)
RPOD 177
Site #196 2011 Eastern Roundup
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Mrs. 'Piper Mrs. 'Piper wrote:

I think when people are suggesting places to have the next round-up, it would also be nice if people would add whether or not they are willing to be the organizers should a location near them be chosen.  It doesn't really matter where we choose to go, but if someone or a few someones aren't willing to organize it, it will never get off the ground.
It is VERY important that there be someone in the group who lives near the campground and would be willing to help. It really helps for the organizer/organizers to get to know the staff at the campground.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
jjbescher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjbescher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 3:48pm
The middle between Canada and Florida seems to be NC or VA.  If either of those two states are chosen, I would highly suggest April/May or September/October time frame.  If you thought Kentucky was bad, we just had a week straight of 100+ heat index with the humidity around 80%.

jon

R-Pod 173T towed by a 2003 Honda Pilot
Site # 164 Eastern Roundup
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 7:58pm
Virginia Beach is pretty good.  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 8:50pm
[QUOTE=jjbescher]The middle between Canada and Florida seems to be NC or VA.  If either of those two states are chosen, I would highly suggest April/May or September/October time frame.  If you thought Kentucky was bad, we just had a week straight of 100+ heat index with the humidity around 80%.

jon

[/QUOTE

I would have to agree with Jon, the heat and humidity here in NC has been ugly to say the least the last few weeks. Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 11:22pm
The weather this week has been great for Virginia.  It will change next week, I am sure.   I vote for VA too. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic