r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 2nd Annual r pod Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:38pm
As I have no T/T yet, I may be out of line to bring anything about this up. If so, please correct me. A Long, Long way off, the Four Corners area. Monument Valley, Arches National Park, Mesa Verdi National Park, Four Corners and several others. A lot closer. Branson MO. Plenty of RV parks and a lot of entertainment. Even closer, Pigeon Forge TN just south of Knoxville and the gateway to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park, and not that far from KY.  I only bring this places forward because I have been there and found them suitable to visit. Not trying to sell anyone anything as all these can be looked up on the net. When we first bought our Class "C", we did not  have a clue as to where to go other than word of mouth. OK, back under my rock I go.
2011 Visa 23RBK pulled with 2010 Nissan Titan. 12.5 MPG when towing.
The Most Beautiful Thing In Life Is The Ability To love.
www.BillyAdeliza.homestead.com
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:43pm
No, no, don't go back under your rock! All opinions are welcome here! That was good info, especially the part about Pigeon Forge and the Smokeys, as I live closeby! Thanks for the plug!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:10pm

I was also wandering if Branson Missouri would be sort of in the middle for everyone. Also Nashville Tennesse? Just a thought.Big smile

Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:32pm
There is an awesome Army Corp of Engineers Campground just north of Nashville in Ashland, TN.  It's called Lock A COE campground.  It's right on the river (don't remember the name) and you can sit and watch barges go by, fish, etc.  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

wec38 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wec38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 9:51pm
Branson, MO or Nashville, TN would both be great places to visit.

Will there eventually be a poll for everyone to vote on?
Clint & Justin
Charlotte, NC
2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
2010 R-Pod 175
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by wec38 wec38 wrote:

Branson, MO or Nashville, TN would both be great places to visit.

Will there eventually be a poll for everyone to vote on?

Yes, hopefully it will come to that or something similar. 

Anyway I my plan is to make the Map more meaningful by doing some grouping and letting those who are interested in roundups see where the midway points or interesting areas within their driving distance. 

Anyone Anywhere start a Round UP, it only takes two (Right DaystarcsTongue).  For example if you like Branson MO, and plan to go there a particular weekend and there's room for more Pods.  Post an invite, those who are interested will signup.  No matter what you'll still have fun and enjoy your Pod.  Thats how the ERU started last Oct 09.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:24pm
This topic seems to be wandering around like a ship without a rudder.  So I am going to attempt to establish a little bit of order or lend direction to our efforts.  I'm sure many, many people want a 2011 2nd Annual r pod Roundup. That is a given.
Now,  I don't think it does much good to keep making suggestions about time and place without having a comprehensive plan to present to the group. So here is what I am going to suggest.  You don't have an election without a slate of candidates. So various smaller groups need to prepare proposals for the 2011 Roundup and present them to the group for consideration.
One group has already formed and is working on a proposal which would hopefully include a plant tour of the R Pod factory.  Much ground work is already in progress and when we have concrete plans and information it will be presented to the group for consideration. 

Other groups are encouraged to organize and prepare a complete proposal for the 2011 Roundup.  They need to have a Host and/or  Hostess that lives close to the site where it will be held.  They need to establish the dates it would be held.  It should have a list of activities available at the proposed site or surrounding area. Those activities should include all ages.  Due consideration should be given to the weather aspects of the proposed site.  The site must be able to meet the needs or preferences of the varied campers in the group and the cost should be reasonable.  ie. full hookup or water&elec, shade, large reasonably level sites, bath and toilet facilities, gathering places for everyone especially indoor facility for group dinner(s) etc.  Other post in this topic have given some very good suggestions of what is needed.

No where is out of bounds nor is there any time that is off limits.  Prepare the proposal as if you are going to sell the group on having the Roundup at your location at the time you are proposing because that is exactly what you are going to have to do.  Sell it to the group.

If you need assistance in developing your proposal I'm sure there are many folks in the group that would love to help you develop your plan.  Please establish all of the key features of your proposal before submitting it to the group.  

We hope to have a number of proposals developed and presented.

I would suggest that all the proposals be complete and submitted by the end of October this year and then we can take a couple of weeks or so to consider them and then have a vote the middle of November on where the 2011 Roundup will be held.

If anyone would like to make this more comprehensive please do so. 
Let's don't let this topic turn into a 1000 pages of "me too's" and idle chit chat.

And please-please this is not aimed at any one or any post it is my attempt to give a little order to our quest to have a Wonderful 2011 Annual r pod Roundup and nothing more.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Zephyr-POD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zephyr-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:40pm

Butterfly,

Please add Melika and I (Zephyr-POD) to the list.  The rally sounds like big fun.  Some have suggested VA, and that sounds great to us!

With enough advance notice, we can go anytime.  We would prefer to stay below 400 miles of travel however (we are in Durham, NC).

We will keep an eye on the forum to see what develops.  Thanks for the being "POC" for the rally!

Greg

Greg & Melika :: 2009 Ford Escape :: 2011 r-pod 172
takeabreath3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeabreath3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 12:47am
sandpiper,  i think your suggestions are right on point.  Clap   i would be happy to help anyone who would like to make a pitch to the group.

i'm all about the smokey mountains!!

if anyone needs help just give me a shout and i will help in any way i can!

peace and love, judy
Life isn't a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safe in a pretty well preserved body, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up totally worn out, loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE
tnppod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnppod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 2:57pm
Judy,
I agree that the smokies would make a great place for a roundup. Beautiful scenery, lots of things to do and for us it is in a reasonable driving distance. We do not know the area well enough to be a coordinator for the event, but maybe there is someone who does.
tnppod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic