r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 2nd Annual r pod Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 3:34am
Very Good suggestions Sandman. Possibly a plan that could include as many Pods as possible (location-wise, towing friendly), & the map posts have been very helpful.
But alas, someone always gets left out.
I understand activities and facilities seem to be two main points of interest. Not to mention reserving the room to park numerous Pods !

IMHO The ERU'10 (as it is refered to) went very very well considering there was a small core of organizers and a large group of helpers. Like Lee once stated, "you just pick a place, then plan".
Im pretty confident that there will be many roundups to come, so "location-immediacy" should not bog down the process.
Its awesome we have the people that can get this done !

I feel your method is "right-on" when dealing with so many elements. Its almost necessary !

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 11:22am
For us we would prefer a new location in different states.  It's not the activities that are planned as a group that is important to us, but the getting together with friends and seeing different parts of the USA.  Having a group get together in the evenings or for breakfast was really nice.  An opportunity for everyone to meet each other.  
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 8:49pm
Yizit, Tennessee would work just as well location wise.  Lots of beautiful parks in Ky and Tn.  I wouldn't want to go back to Ft. Boonesborough either.  Variety is good.  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 11:54pm
I agree that variety is a good thing in its own right. I believe that "distance" will be the most deciding factor with the next ERU. I too am not to concerned with activities in the surrounding area, and like Yizit, like to hang around camp and visit if possible.
But I'm sure that many will enjoy what the area has to offer too.

Has a true "Center" (of present locations) been established ? Or should that matter?
From the looks of the present map, Texas is developing into a Pod-Center of its own !!! Kewl !!
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:34am
I guess I need to clarify what I meant by "activities".  The comment was made that it is a lot of work to put together the activities, and it should be close to someone who can make these arrangements.   As far as, "activities" in the surrounding area, most definitely having things to see and do is a must.  By changing the locations from state to state, it's a great way to meet your R-Pod friends and see the USA.  Keep it simple and make it a gathering place and you might attract more interest.  If you make it "too much work" for anyone, then it isn't a vacation and no one wants to do it.  All states have something to see and do, and we would all like to share what our state has to offer.  The ERU was GREAT with the "rally" type activities, but it was a lot of work for the coordinators to put together.  I'm just suggesting to pick a state, pick a campground, pick a date, link "things to see and do",  and post it as a roundup.  The pot luck dinner and breakfast was nice, but a lot of work too.  Have a couple of "BYO sit around the campfire gatherings" and let the friendships begin.  Some will make it a vacation and others a long weekend.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:06pm
Unfortunately I didn't get to attend this year's ERU, but it sounds like the organizers did a fantastic job, with the right balance of organized activities and free time.

An example of an "over-organized" rally was this past weekend. We were not participants, just happened to be there at the same time because our friends were there, invited by some of the members of the "Rolling Wheels" as potential recruits to the club.

All meals were "mandatory potluck", whatever that means, and the "wagon master" patrolled with a clipboard taking a headcount periodically for some unknown reason. There was a monetary fine if you got caught without your nametag.

To be fair, I did play some horseshoes with one of the gentlemen there, and he was very pleasant and likeable, even though he whipped me "like a red-headed stepchild", as my grampa would say.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by yizit yizit wrote:

I'm just suggesting to pick a state, pick a campground, pick a date, link "things to see and do",  and post it as a roundup.   Some will make it a vacation and others a long weekend.

Simple enough.  Can we look forward to your Roundup plan for consideration then ?
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:16pm
I am speaking only for myself as ONE of the organizers of the ERU this year.  I personally did not look upon the rally as a lot of work. I have helped organize other events that were much more work and effort.  We started working on it in October 2009 and things just seemed to fall into place.  Sandpiper was the one who probably did most of the work with his creation of the Pod Plaques.  However, he chose to do the plaques. What a wonderful addition they were! Clap  Through his communications with Forest River, they offered to do a catered dinner and we accepted.  I did not do anything concerning the dinner other than get three names of caterers for them to choose from.  Amanda, from FR, did all the other things that needed to be done.Once we arrived at the campground, anything that needed to be done was done by someone who just jumped in and helped. I guess what I am trying to say is:    Don't be afraid to volunteer your time to help organize for 2011.  It was a great experience.  Sandpiper, tabkld93, and I will be there to help and guide you in any way that we can. 
I have never gathered with a group that was as kind and welcoming as the Podders at the ERU.  WE MUST DO IT AGAIN!!! Big smile
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 6:40pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Looks like I stopped the discussion, of the 2011 Roundup, dead in it's tracks with the last post.  Sorry, I did not mean to do that.  I was just trying to ease some worries that volunteering to work on next year's roundup would be a lot of work.Hug
There are a lot of people who are willing to help out in any way.

On another note,  I may be very dense, but I cannot find the R Pod Owners Map.  I would like to thank our friend tabkld93 (Todd) for moving my pin to the northeast about 200 miles. I found that I could not figure out how to do it myself.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 9:06pm
I don't think you stoped it cold, Pepperpod, I just think that we're focusing on our mini-roundups. And maybe folks are getting their "ducks in a row" to step up to the plate!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic