r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing the Dolphin Pod !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y Guides Lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introducing the Dolphin Pod !!
    Posted: 10 May 2010 at 7:09am
Hello, everyone,

Well our R-Pod finally came home and got its name. 

Since my son is on the swim team and LOVES swimming my wife and I always refer to him as our lil' dolphin.  I too love to swim and play in the water... my wife... not so much LOL 

Well since a family of dolphins, (group of dolphins I guess I should say), is referred to as a Pod... what better name for our R-Pod than:

The Dolphin Pod !!  Clap

Now, assuming I'm doing this correctly... you should see some pics of the Dolphin Pod and my son below:

Sean making himself comfortable on the beds and dinnette:

We're very excited !!

Sean & I have or first campout in it in May for the YMCA Adventure Guides program we belong to. 

Then in June all of us go together for our first family campout; mommy, daddy, and our lil' dolphin Clap

Take care,
Lou

rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:24am
Lou...thanks for sharing these great photos...I am a little concerned about the "sword" on the inflatable bed but that 's just me :)
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:27am
Your lil' Dolphin is going to love the Pod and camping.  By the way, that is one cute kid! Big smile
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Sistahs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistahs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:37am
Great pics! Love the name, too. What a handsome little dolphin!
2010 R-POD 171
2003 FORD F-150
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:26am
Great Photos !!!!

Thank-You for sharing !!
Y Guides Lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y Guides Lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:42am
Thank you all for the kind words... the wee lad gets his looks from his momma that's for sure Wink

We've been involved in a YMCA program called the YMCA Adventure Guides, (was called Indian Guides when I was his age), for the last 3 years.

Here in sunny Florida we go camping one weekend per month during the school year, and then our tribe goes by itself during June also.

So, Sean and I camp 8 times per year, and we plan to try and get at least 8 to 10 family campouts per year going now.

We've been staying in a friend's trailer for the last 2 years of the program, (after 8 years in the US Army Airborne Rangers I've done my time in tents or LESS than tents, LOL), so we're very happy to now have our own TT.

In my buddy's trailer we had 3 dads and 5 kids... now Sean wants all of his friends to sleep in our TT.

At first he wanted them to all take the fold out/dinnette section and put me in a bunk.

Uh... NUH UH <shakes his head>

I'm going on the dinnette seciton, (you can see the twin air mattress I put there), Sean will be next to me, two of his friends next to him on the fold out, and two more in the bunks.

I didn't pay all this money to sleep on those coffins they call bunk beds, LOL.

My buddy and the other dad will be staying in his trailer... somehow I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here.. Confused

Take care,
Lou
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:58am
I hear Ya !!!

There are camping adventures where I've experienced a most excellant nights sleep !
And those I just wanted to survive !!!

For the most part the Pod is a good sleep
We will be tossing the mattress out of the formula and will be replacing it with
memory foam.
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 11:02am
However, Lou, you are making memories for your lil' Dolphin AND his buddies. Those memories will last into their adult lives.  I know this because our son's friends are almost 40 and they still talk to us about all the things we did with them as a group. I learned the hard way not to let 6 twelve year olds camp in the trailer in the yard.  After a pillow fight with feathers everywhere and two guys that got sick from too many cookies, they had to come into the house.  Surprise, that is their favorite memory of being at our house. LOL
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 12:57pm
Wonderful pics.  Your son is very cute.  Enjoy all you dolphin fun!
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:42am
Great pics. Welcome to the pod of Podders.

I can feel ur pain. Twenty years in SpecOps. Now I use the Pod as HQ for bushcrafting and just being lazy.

I know the feeling with the kids. Our granddaughters are already making plans for camping in the pod. Looks like Granny and I will be relegated to the R-Dome if you listen to their plans.

Welcome!
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic